Study Schedule - Level III

So my books arrive sooner than expected which means its time to put my head down…

I’m going to focus entirely on the CFAI material for the Level III exam in 2020 and have put together a study schedule accordingly. Like a good samaritan, here is the link:

https://forum.300hours.com/discussion/3689/study-schedule-level-iii

I’ll follow MM study order: Book 4, 3, 2, 5, 6, and 1.

I’ll start 5 weeks after you, November 4th.

Hey man, I respect your dedication to the game. But you REAAAAALLLY don’t need to read exclusively from the CFAI materials. It’s a good idea for topics like fixed income and equity, but behavioral finance can realistically be read from the Kaplan notes - seriously, it’s not hard material. Besides, most of us probably learned all about indifference curves, and utility theory in undergrad. I recommend you use kaplan for those softer subjects, and then supplement those topics with past exams.

For all levels I started begin September. Let me tell you, this was a big mistake. By December, I studied everything (CFA books + Schweser + mocks). By April,I was forgotten everything and could start again. My advise, start mid December en do it good from the first time.

If your schedule and life allows it, I recommend starting in September. It’s a grind but your retention of the material will be on a completely different level compared to a January start.

Strongly agree. Better early than late. Burn out is when you try to over accomplish sth faster than your intended schedule.