Thoughts on doing early start (Oct. start) for level III?

LadyMacbethStrategy wrote:

dasstienn wrote:

LadyMacbethStrategy And FYI, Grant Thornton is not a Big 4 firm…

REALLY, YOU KNEW THAT ALL BY YOURSELF?!!!! BIG BOY! 

Pfft Yea, so?

Audit experience doesn’t count as required exp. And you became CA 4 years ago, not within, so had time to study for CFA lvl 2. And what accounting firm run are you talking about?

Didn’t think that I would find out xD

You’ve made it this far, and you know what it takes to pass. Don’t be fooled by false promises and unrealistic claims. Schweser’s CFA® study packages give you the proven study tools and expert instruction you need to finish the job.

Maverick_ wrote:

This is ridiculous. I don’t know the details of this spat, but from a cursory glance it sounds very childish.  Time to be adults and move on.  This is insulting to the forum.

Well I only respond to his posts to me. He is unemployed and has waaaaaaaaaay too much free time. While I only check the site in my coffee breaks, if I find a notification, I am going to reply back to it!

dasstienn wrote:

dasstienn wrote:

Pfft Yea, so?

Audit experience doesn’t count as required exp. And you became CA 4 years ago, not within, so had time to study for CFA lvl 2. And what accounting firm run are you talking about?

Umm will see if my experience counts or not when next August  I am a charter-holder and you are a “pass level three”, that is if you pass of course ;) You don’t need to wait till August, I plan to get my experience approved in the coming months, will update you then, I know you are eagerly waiting for this news ;D

Other than that, it seems to me that you are too insecure to the level of making a lot of assumptions about people and living and believing in these assumptions to console yourself about your own failures. In a way, you have become obsessed with me, sadly! I tell you what, this will not help you, go get a real job that will keep you busy and accomplish something for yourself, this is the only healthy way to feel good about yourself!

You know what, you broke my heart, send me your CV and I will get you a job in my firm, as long as you well behave and do well when I interview you ;)

Maverick_ wrote:

This is ridiculous. I don’t know the details of this spat, but from a cursory glance it sounds very childish.  Time to be adults and move on.  This is insulting to the forum.

+1

RandomWalkWithDrift wrote:

Maverick_ wrote:

+1

OK guys, I will ignore this childish unemployed boy for your sake from now on.

RandomWalkWithDrift wrote:

Maverick_ wrote:

+1

OK guys, I will ignore this childish unemployed boy for your sake from now on.

Good girl, listens adults!

Gotta watch the burnout..

You maybe onto something..

My two cents - start now. Map out a plan. Get video tutorials and the CFA III materials from CFA. Can’t start early enough to make sure that you can absorb all of the materials.

Let’s make it “One & Done in 2020”

www.levelupbootcamps.com

dasstienn wrote:

dasstienn wrote:

Pfft Yea, so?

Umm will see if my experience counts or not when next August  I am a charter-holder and you are a “pass level three”, that is if you pass of course ;) You don’t need to wait till August, I plan to get my experience approved in the coming months, will update you then, I know you are eagerly waiting for this news ;D

Other than that, it seems to me that you are too insecure to the level of making a lot of assumptions about people and living and believing in these assumptions to console yourself about your own failures. In a way, you have become obsessed with me, sadly! I tell you what, this will not help you, go get a real job that will keep you busy and accomplish something for yourself, this is the only healthy way to feel good about yourself!

You know what, you broke my heart, send me your CV and I will get you a job in my firm, as long as you well behave and do well when I interview you ;)

Get a room you two!

If you're the first out the door, that's not called panicking

To the OP, I started in October.  I don’t think it was too early.  I felt more worried about losing my study habits, or having my work commitments ramp up unexpectedly (as had happened right as I took Level 2).  

I used about half Schweser at Level 3.  The materials are shorter than for other levels, so the time penalty of reading the CFA Institute’s materials isn’t as bad.  I got the Schweser videos, which were useful on my commute and dog walks.  If you get the videos, look at some of the solved written questions from prior exams.  Don’t look at all of them, it would take too much time.  Maybe look at some where you were confused, or a few where the format seemed odd.

The package I got used the live class, but I only listened in on one.  It didn’t match my schedule.

FYI, I went 3 for 3 in 18 months.  I was at the last Level 3 exam that used the old scoring summary (June 2017).  I estimate I passed with 10% to spare.