Required experience

Hi Guys,

I’d like to apply for CFA required experience prior to passing L3, I am kind of confused of the sort of payments that will be made, is it “membership” fee? I mean, I am not a member until I clear my June exam, so when I get approved for my experience prior to passing the June exam, what sort of fee will I be paying?

Another thing, will I have to get experience letters from all my previous employers or just references (contact persons)? (the website isn’t really clear, I have to start an application to get the details which I don’t want to do at this point!)

I’ve only had three employers, the one I am currently working for is an investment fund so I definitely want to include my full experience there, but the numbers of years I spent there so far is not enough, so can I just pick and choose from the other two employers to complete the four years or what.

You can apply for membership now, but please note that membership is valid until July 2020 only, you have to renew it again. I will suggest you to submit membership application form now, provide your work experience details, provide references. Institute contact references through email, they have to fill a simple form it will take hardly 5-10 minutes. Once your application is approved, and you passed level 3 then pay membership fee.

Thank you so much for the feedback. My main confusion was about the payment, I thought I had to do it once I apply for the experience. No signed experience letters from my employers are required, right?

You can apply for membership without paying dues. You do not need any signed letter, it will take 1-2 week to get approved your work experience. Pay the membership dues once you pass level 3. But get work ex approved right now.

That’s exactly what I am going to do, thnak you so much!