Too late to start preparing fo L3 in Jan 2020?

I will have some time but it has been many years since my L2. I am not working in the investment field. Still following news etc. Not sure if 5 months is enough to cram all the contents. I understand that these contents are not topics I’ve dealt with in recent career path (more like corporate finance / internal finance team). Just want to complete the certificate.

Thank you.

If you block out your time properly and engage a test prep provider that you resonate with, you should ok. However, you do have to devote significant time daily, and on weekends, to the task. Online video series and in person trainings can help significantly

No it’s not too late.

But whatever you decide, just understand, you’re the only one to blame: pass, or fail.

True that

I passed L2 in 2019, and we welcomed twins in November, plus I’m very busy with work, so I’m not starting until Jan. I asked around other charterholders at my work, and the consensus was that I should be OK providing I actually start and keep it consistent. When you start in October/November, you can afford maybe a false start or two, or a more relaxed start. January is still doable, but you lose the luxury of being able to ease into it. It needs to be solid studying all the way through.

January is VERY doable - if you see around… most prep providers cater to starting Live Online classes (or physical classes) in Jan (yes yes yes, some will also have early starts). I guess prep providers would not start in Jan if it was not worth it, they do want you to pass instead of repeating with them (some will offer repetition for free).

Thank you everyone for sharing your own experience and observations. It’s true about Jan vs. Oct / November. I did one test that I started earlier. Second round of reread and review actually helped a lot. Many details flipped out of my mind.