Reading 28 EOC Question 13

• Comment 1 Açor constructed a portfolio that is appropriate for my unique situation.
  • Comment 2 Açor spoke to me in my own regional language throughout the meeting.
  • Comment 3 Açor educated me about how my investments perform and affect my portfolio.

Which comment in Njau’s response to the client satisfaction survey best describes a soft skill exhibited by Açor?

1. Comment 1
  2. Comment 2
  3. Comment 3

C is correct. Açor’s ability to effectively educate Njau by showing Njau how her investments perform and affect her portfolio is a soft skill. Soft skills involve interpersonal relationships and include communication skills, social skills, education and coaching skills, and business development and sales skills.

I thought B would be the absolute correct answer…

google tells me that soft skill includes customer service skills, that is, the ability to effectively communicate with your customer and problem-solve issues that your customer has, which in this case is their portfolio.

with option B, you could talk with your customer in their regional language, but that would be of little use if you only talked about, say, soccer throughout the meeting. meanwhile, with A there is little to no interaction with the customer whatsoever.