Hail mary Level 3 plan

I’ve mentioned on here before, but I wildly overestimated the amount of free time I’d have with newborn twins at home, so I’m basically abandoning my conventional study plan and just going with something bare bones that might be enough to get me through.

I’m thinking of watching all Mark Meldrum videos, going direct to CFAI EOC without reading anything, and figuring it out from there, and then hitting mocks 6 weeks out and hoping for the best. Basically it’s my original plan but without the reading. Is this even worth trying? I didn’t do a huge amount of reading at L2, and barely scraped through, which is why I’m even entertaining the possiblity.

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes.

Put in the right effort or don’t try.

AMEN!

:confused:

That’s how they get ya

To be fair I did something similar as I was a burned out from CA and FRM studies as well from prior years. I passed well above the 90 percentile line. I started end of Jan or early feb last year.

I went with Nathan Ronan vids. After watching I did EOC and rewatched the vids at the same time. I then proceeded around first week of April to finquiz mock which was free; IFT mocks x 3; Konvexity x 3 then 10 prior CFA exams. I took two weeks off before the exam and redid the 10 cfa exams and finished some of the others. Was very weak in the tax area so honed in on that.

i only felt unsure about one question in the morning and only a handful in the afternoon. Konvexity exams were very good for the afternoon. Easiest of the three exams and the only level I didn’t read the CFAI text.

videos are more efficient and for level 3 you need cover more breadth than depth.

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t want to just give up entirely, but it’s just not possible to do a full schedule at the moment so I want to just do something that might give me a slight chance. I don’t expect to pass, but I don’t want to throw in the towel quite yet. Frustrating, as I passed 1 and 2 first time and it’d be great to go 3 for 3, but the CFA isn’t really that important compared to other things going on right now!

I’ll give something like this a try. My work is pretty flexible so spending a couple of weeks prior shouldn’t be a problem. I did a solid week before L2 which is what pushed me over the line. You never know, it might come together at the end.

I think you got a chance, for the purpose of beating the exam, doing practice questions are definitely more helpful than reading a ton of materials.

Be sensible and spend the year with your family.

CFA L3 aint going anywhere…