how far do you need to go for this exam?

so far i read through the curriculum, did BB and EOC once, finished CFAI online practice question (320 MCQs), tried some third party essays, but not feeling confident because essays hit me hard and i keep forgetting things.

I’m not even that far yet but I plan on studying until I feel confident with the essay portion. My perspective is the whole point of these exams is not for the 3 letters but to be able to actually communicate my knowledge.

I wish I was that far. At this point, I am on track to be finished reading CFAI curriculum (including taking notes), finished first thru of all BBS and EOCs, and POSSIBLY finished a first thru of CFAI Qbank, by April 15th at the latest.

This will leave me 6-7 weeks for review period that will include reviewing my notes, but will be much more heavily weighted towards doing as many practice questions as possible (including 10+ mock exams). I’m also taking an essay writing workshop through Chalk and Board in early May, and might even end up springing for the second essay workshop towards the end of May as well.

This is my first attempt at L3, and I’m hoping all of this will be enough to get me over the edge so I can do my wife and kids a favor and move on from all of this studying!