2008 Exam Strategy

I am thinking of the following: 1. Preparing from the new books, now that they are compulsory with registration. 2. Using my 2007 Schweser notes plus actual CR from last year as back up. What I wanted to ask was if there is a study course / provider that provides online study notes? There are days at work that are not so intense and during the day one can squeeze out a couple of hours looking at the material online… reading a book at work in front of every one is something I wish to avoid…trying to keep things discreet given my 2007 L3 disaster… So if any one knows if it is possible to access materials online, do post it here… I guess Schweser books are not available online?

I think there is a pdf version of Schweser, something like a sneak preview otherwise what about Qbank, you can sit in front of your screen and drill concept and questions - in addition it has a “quick” explanation of each LOS I used that over the past year and managed to do over 2000Qs during my not so busy days

Last year I had the Premium Schweser package and it included one download of PDF version of study guides. I never used so cannot confirm 100%. I also plan on starting on the QBank early…I started using it in late May…and only got around 500 questions done…for L1 I did like 10-20Q every time I had a moment free at work from Feb on, so Icovered most of the bank… and new the material cold…of course QBank is more like L1…but answering MC questions is good for learning material…as well as conditioning you to PM time management…

I agree that Qbank is more like L1 but it certainly helps drilling the material

>I agree that Qbank is more like L1 but it certainly helps drilling the material True. I suspect that saved my PM. AM on the other hand…

For LII I used Qbank and drilled only the “advanced” questions - they came in item sets like the actual test…I don’t know how exactly the LIII Qbank is set up though.

yes, there are three levels of difficulty

I think reading CR is the key to answer AM question. So I would see CR first. hope could finish before January.

Isn’t Qbank not as good as Passmaster- in regards to LIII

In my opinion, the Q bank for L3 was not great. Having said that, it does provide a certain level of comfort you are doing all you can when you are able to log on when you are supposed to be working and answer 20 or so questions. Did anyone do the online lectures? And did they find them useful? I am thinking of adding those to the study program for 08.

Is there any difference between “online version” , "download version "and "CD version "of the Qbank? Which one is more handy? Thanks

thanks all… i think i m gonna get that Q bank from schweser… that is probably the best option while u r at work!

I used Stalla’s passmaster for L2 and thought it was “relatively” helpful. I’m not sure if I’m going to go with Schweser’s or Stalla’s online questions until I get more input on which is better.

I am registered for the June '08 exam. My plan is to go thru the curriculum since i paid for it when registering for the exam and purchase the Schweser Premium Package to help with retaining the information. I’m going with the Schweser Package because I like the idea online lectures and the practice exams that come with the package.

vikki_sep Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there any difference between “online version” , > "download version "and "CD version "of the Qbank? > Which one is more handy? Thanks The CD Version - You get a physical CD and you install it on 1 (or maybe 2 computers). The material is now on those computers only. Download Version - You download the software, again to 1 or 2 computers and that software resides there. Online - You log in to your Schweser account from ANY computer and do the questions. I like the online version, because I can do it at work or at home and it will track it… Anytime, anywhere… Hope this helps

Qbank is a must. It helped me a lot. I got the online version from Schweser and I solved 100% of the questions in the question bank and solved the ones I answered incorrectly in the next pass. RK2

Thanks , Quorky. So ,looks like from the content point of view , they are all the same. I originally think maybe there is some chance the online version will be updated periodically .

vikki_sep Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks , Quorky. So ,looks like from the content > point of view , they are all the same. > > I originally think maybe there is some chance the > online version will be updated periodically . No problem. You are correct in your original thought: The CD Version and the Download Version both need to be updated Manually. There is a button in the Download / CD to update and add any questions. The online version is done automatically. Soooo, they are all basically the same from content perspective. What is more convenient for you is the key…

How many Qbank questions are there for LIII. Some people wrote there were much less than LI & LII?