how much salary/compensation will increase after you pass L3

just wondering if your salary/compensation/grade be increased after you pass L3? in my company, it seems i will get nothing.

For me 13% and a promotion. Bonus for passing CFA L3.

$0.00 rounded up

$0.00 I did receive a “good job” from a couple of folks, though.

promotion - yes bonus - yes, but pending '08 compensation - TBD I’m not really sure how much of my '08 salary bump will be directly related to the CFA, but it’s definitely not going to hurt me! I’m meeting with the bosses this week to discuss. I’m trying to get a range out of them for next year, but so far they aren’t showing me their cards.

Mr. Blutarski…0.0!

How do you guys handle the negotiation? I have a meeting with my bosses next week to have my first annual review. In the year I’ve been here, I already passed levels 1 and 2. I’m not sure how to bring up the subject of a raise, or even how much to go for. Any advice?

zippo, nada, rien du tout all in all zero not even a lign in our internal newsletter or a comment during our team meeting

what goes around comes around. Remember that

Bambi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zippo, nada, rien du tout > all in all zero > not even a lign in our internal newsletter or a > comment during our team meeting Is it because your firm doesn’t care or are you just not the bragging type and people don’t know?

Monetary comp…ZERO Promotion…HELL NO But I did get a nice congratulatory email (cc’ed to everyone in the firm) from the CIO and a bottle of wine from one of the senior partners. Annual review around christmas time, hope to see something good…

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bambi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > zippo, nada, rien du tout > > all in all zero > > not even a lign in our internal newsletter or a > > comment during our team meeting > > Is it because your firm doesn’t care or are you > just not the bragging type and people don’t know? ppl know, I sent a mail to HR/education with a screen shot of my result page as required and copied in everybody who needs to know - at least 15 ppl I got a one word email from my boss “Congrats”, a two word from my n+2 “well done” and a “nice success” from HR, HR education, my direct business line manager and all the others have read the mail but never replied nor congratulated when they came across me afterwards very impolite

no immediate increase, but passing 3/3 really added credibility, especially to my new boss… who commented that most people he knew passed in 4 years, etc, etc. i don’t expect direct reward from the CFA, but it’s obvious that it will add credibility when i meet outsiders, and it also helps with the marketing of the firm. The CFA program has helped me in my everyday business deals, which ultimately has led to pay raises and good bonuses.

Zerooooooooooo ! Actually, it might have hurted my career. I work as a financial analyst for corporate finance (more on the accounting side). After my results were disclosed, our company president and CFO questioned whether I was committed to the company on the long term. It has raised suspicion that I will jump ship into IB now.

I jumped ship soon after giving the L2 this June. The jump fetched me a hike of 75k (from 150k to 225k). In addition to the sal hike, I also managed to transition out of IT. I now work as a FI analyst. I kissed many frogs (headhunters) before finding the princess, got my resume written by a professional resume writer (200 bucks), wrote down about 50 possible questions (and answers) that can be asked (nearly 75% of the interview q were from this), rehearsed with a taperecorder for hours till I could perfect my answers to be within 1 and 2 minutes, to use the right buzzwords and examples; attended mock interviews (well, real interviews - just that I had decided in advance to turn it down) rehearsed negotiating the offer. I did not research anything about the company I was going into, did not go by network (don’t have a network, frankly). Overall, CFA prep has paid off for me. The key is to keep this going to perpetuity (not ambitious to take it further).

A laurel and hearty handshake

busy_ where are you located? I need to start making the cashola… :expressionless:

busy_people Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I jumped ship soon after giving the L2 this June. > The jump fetched me a hike of 75k (from 150k to > 225k). In addition to the sal hike, I also managed > to transition out of IT. I now work as a FI > analyst. Pardon me while I clean up my drool.

got nothing but have had a few job offers (of which 1 is serious). The job offers probably have more to do with the current employment situation in my city rather than passing L3.

busy_people, you should run an interviewing consulting biz on the side. to second what XSellSide says, where are you?