membership application approved, what's next step

I got a letter from local CFA society: We are pleased to inform you that your membership application has been approved. You have been accepted as a Regular Member of The Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts (HKSFA). CFA Institute will process your charter accordingly if/when you have completed all three levels of the CFA Program. They will also notify you by email on our behalf for the billing of joining fee (USD65) and annual dues (USD80) for the current fiscal year which runs from 1 July 2007 to 30 June 2008, please settle the payment directly with CFA Institute. You may view such information and settle it online via https://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/join/dues.html, the billing information will be available after 2 weeks. but I can’t login to the member website on CFAI and can’t pay the due. Do you know what’s the next step? Is anybody receive this letter as well?

mysinopac Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > but I can’t login to the member website on CFAI > and can’t pay the due. > Do you know what’s the next step? > Is anybody receive this letter as well? It takes a few days for the system to update. So hang on for a few more days and you should be able to log in.

When did you apply for it?

the result released on Thu. and my sponsors finished the form around next Tue.

if u check the status of your application at http://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/private/canservices/memberrequest/view/ u ll spot a new section: Membership Dues if it’s still Unpaid u won’t get the holy grail

I joined my local society and paid the dues – received confirmation that I have been accepted as an affiliate member. I then noticed the link to pay dues, did that, and now see the “check” confirming that my payment was processed. I have completed every requirement*, passed all three exams. * I have only completed 3yrs of work experience; in June of 2008 I will have 4. The work experience section, although checked, still shows only 21 months of work experience (which is what I entered when I initially filled out that part of the application _several_ months ago. Do I just email the institute to update my work experience every now and then? Or just in June of next year when my 4th yr of experience will be complete? I have been in the same job since I started the program. Any insight would help as this is not clear on the web site.

I can login the member website now, but it’s very slow. Besides, it seems that I can pay the dues now, I picked standard package, $370. CFAI replied me: It is our plan to begin awarding charters late September to 2007 Pass III individuals who have met all requirements. New charterholders will receive a letter confirming that all requirements have been met and the charter awarded. Just as a reminder, the CFA designation should not be used until the confirmation letter is received.

paid $370, wait to get the charter and print it on my name card in late Sep or early Oct. Waiting again…