Still undecided bet Stalla or Schweser

Still not sure which to choose. After all the feedback about Stalla, wondering if it’s best to go with Schweser? Anyone else having same thoughts?

You cannot make this decision solely based on what you read here. I used Stalla and passed everything on first try. Someone else may have had the exact opposite experience. I don’t advocate (or rail against) one particular brand. What I did find (since my roommates used Schweser and also passed) is that Schweser seems to summarize and condense a lot more than Stalla. Given that everything is now nicely bundled by the institute and already delivered in semi-condensed form, it may just be worth your while to stick with institute-endorsed notes. This thread will probably swell quite soon; I wish you the best of luck.

I will be reading the textbooks this year. Thus the more condensed Schweser might be a better fit for me… Feedback also has Stalla as less detailed for L3 anyway?

Everyone already knows their choice?

Just registered yesterday so I have to wait and see what the CFA books look like, but will probably do schweser as well

I registered yesterday as well and begin reading the CR. Will hold off on Schweser until they roll out their entire package. In the meantime, I have been researching my study strategy for L3 08’. I felt my strategy was key to L1 and L2. At any rate, my research has been going back to the beginning of the L3 threads starting from 2005 and working up page by page to get a feel what past L3 candidates have said. It seems that the CR readings are the way to go which is great now that they are bundled. One theme I did see over the years, is that it didn’t really matter if you studied 200 hours or 600 hours, it was still a crap shoot. Thats a scary thought! Don’t know how much time I want to invest in this and regret it afterwards.

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I registered yesterday as well and begin reading > the CR. Will hold off on Schweser until they roll > out their entire package. > > In the meantime, I have been researching my study > strategy for L3 08’. I felt my strategy was key > to L1 and L2. > > At any rate, my research has been going back to > the beginning of the L3 threads starting from 2005 > and working up page by page to get a feel what > past L3 candidates have said. > > It seems that the CR readings are the way to go > which is great now that they are bundled. One > theme I did see over the years, is that it didn’t > really matter if you studied 200 hours or 600 > hours, it was still a crap shoot. Thats a scary > thought! Don’t know how much time I want to > invest in this and regret it afterwards. Don’t think it’s completely a crap shoot. It depends on an individual’s background, how they study etc… Studying 600 just reading Schweser books vs 200 hours on CFAI readings, Schweser, Practice Exams, Past Essays, etc…