CFA® on business cards

My HR put the the registered trade mark after CFA on my business cards, as in shoot, CFA®. According to the CFA website, “It is not necessary to use the ® symbol when the marks directly refer to a specific individual.” I would think that most CFA charterholders would just use CFA without the ® symbol next their names. Could you confirm? Also, how bad is this having CFA® on the business card? I’m thinking reordering the cards but if the usage is also acceptable I could wait until the current pack runs out. Thanks.

I’ve never seen a business card with the ® on it. I suppose it doesn’t really matter, but I can be incredibly anal and that would just drive me nuts.

I wouldn’t want it on there either, but I wouldn’t go through the trouble of reordering them either.

I’d re-order them.

reorder

Terrible…I vote to reorder immediately. That looks lame.

I would reorder as well

Re-order. It looks as dorky as it can get.

The CFP designation requires the ®. That’s probably why they got mixed up. If you leave it on there, you might get mistaken for the lowly CFP ®, and not the well-deserved CFA.

Definitely reorder…

reoder

Me too, I’d reorder

Save a tree… Just Wite-Out the ®. Or cover it with a reduced-size picture of yourself. Or just take a hole punch to it. Personally, I’ve always felt that a firm handshake and a knowing wink is worth more than any business card.

Tell people that the trademark doesn’t apply to the CFA, it applies to your entire name which is so valuable that you trademarked it…

Thank you all. It sure looks dorky.

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Save a tree… > > Just Wite-Out the ®. > Or cover it with a reduced-size picture of > yourself. > Or just take a hole punch to it. > > > Personally, I’ve always felt that a firm handshake > and a knowing wink is worth more than any business > card. A wink? I hate it when guys wink at me.

More mathematically: V(firm handshake + knowing wink) > V(business card) I’m fully aware that V(knowing wink) < 0, I just can’t stop myself from doing it.

Now that you’re a CFA® you’re gonna land that incredible job that you’ve always wanted, so you’re gonna need to get new cards then, so hold on to the current ones for now.

REORDER

reorder