What's the deal with Readings 7-14 in study session 3?

Ok, I’m not going to ask if these readings are important because they’re in the books the CFAI has been so kind enough to send me in lieu of my $600+ exam fee. So we’ve established that they are in the CBOK and so we will probably see some random questions from these illuminating topics in June 2008. I found readings 7-12 interesting. Reading 13 is about as enjoyable as studying Kant with a bad hangover and a moody girlfriend asking you “do you have this rash and burning sensation too?”. Why are there no questions at the end of the readings? Surely if it’s in the CBOK then we can expect to be asked questions from it. What kind of questions? Any level 3 retakers with advice/opinions? I don’t have the Schweser books so I don’t know if the bright people at Schweser feel this is unimportant and can be glossed over just like Trainor-Black was for Level 2 in June. And for someone who did miserably in PM in Level 1 in Dec, and Level 2 in June, I think I should concentrate my efforts and actually study some PM for Level 3 for next year.

this has been discussed http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,612563

Thanks. Just saw that.

88fiveo, where did you come from? never ever saw you post before Not sure about Readings 7-14 yet, haven’t got to that point yet. But why does everyone feel the Schweser let everyone down on the PM. The T-B was covered in their notes. Perhaps there was enough coverage to ace PM but there was enough to pass which is what Schweser is intended for. As an example, I used only Shweser and failed PM last Dec and got 50-70 last June. I think it illustrates that whatever source you use, you must know it to the finer details.

People feel that way because the essay questions require a different way of answering than Schweser prepares you for. Schweser does a great job of preparing you to answer multiple choice questions but not the written answers. and that’s why most people feel Schweser lets them down when it comes to PM. Level III is not like preparing for the Level I & II.

strikershank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People feel that way because the essay questions > require a different way of answering than Schweser > prepares you for. Schweser does a great job of > preparing you to answer multiple choice questions > but not the written answers. > > and that’s why most people feel Schweser lets them > down when it comes to PM. Level III is not like > preparing for the Level I & II. Ok, fair enough, then it would be wise for everyone to adjust their strategy for L3 PM. But I don’t think Schweser let anyone down for L1 and L2. TB was in the CR, in an LOS, and Schweser covered it. People are just pissed because they dropped the ball on this one. I looked back on the notes, and they’re was over a page of material on TB, enough to pass that item set!