Anyone got retabulation results yet????

No wonder most ppl screwed up in AM as you gotta figure out what CFAI wants as answers. How logical is the following?.. check this out from the CFAI website: “Retabulation If you are uncomfortable with the grading process after receiving your results, you may request that your exam be manually retabulated by CFA Institute staff at a cost of US$100.00.” So this means grading process = exam retabulation??? So basically folks…here is how it works! “(You asked for a back rub), and that means… Mr. Smith Goes to Washington?” (From Everybody loves Raymond) Btw, did anyone get a response on retab?

I have been on this forum for quick a while (check out my number of post) and I have never ever read a post about positive retabulation happening to any of the AFers

Eastwest, I wouldn’t look at it that way. When I read the paragraph, my understanding is “the only part of the grading process that CFA would even look at (if you pay them $100), is the tabulation part.” I do remember somebody posted that they were converted from fail to pass after the initial release of results. I can’t remember whether it was after retabulation, or that CFAI found the mistake themselves. It would be interesting to know.

To 3weeks: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/examdetails/examresults.html

I remember incidents of lost exams and other huge c*ckups being corrected ie I think once the exams of an entire exam center were lost and then found months/weeks later I think this happened in 2004

Bambi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I remember incidents of lost exams and other huge > c*ckups being corrected ie I think once the exams > of an entire exam center were lost and then found > months/weeks later I think this happened in 2004 Did they try to cover this up? In their famous ‘‘into our 5th decade’’ letter they mention their pride in the fact that they never lost a single exam in CFA history.

I suppose you have to wonder why they’d go out of their way to mention this. “In our 39 previous years we have yet to lose a box of exams behind the Coke machine, or feed a machine-scanned scorecard upside down, or spill coffee on Mr. Sims’ essay questions…”

just got my retab feedback and they are right… the retab of marks on the answer sheets were correct… actually they sent it to the wrong email which i rarely check… that was sent by CFAI as long ago as Sept 14… and I just opened! this means another year into uncertain L3 pastures …

Sims Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bambi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I remember incidents of lost exams and other > huge > > c*ckups being corrected ie I think once the > exams > > of an entire exam center were lost and then > found > > months/weeks later I think this happened in > 2004 > > > Did they try to cover this up? > > In their famous ‘‘into our 5th decade’’ letter > they mention their pride in the fact that they > never lost a single exam in CFA history. well technically it was not lost, just “delayed” ;=)

Riiiitchiiieee…

I retabbed, as I had very close 40-60-80 results. (posted here somewhere) Received a response the day I expected, still sitting for L3 this June.

I think I’m going to start offering retabs next year. I’ll take the money, send an answer in a week that there is no change in the score, but I’ll offer to buy the person a beer and give a consolation pat on the back. Much better value than what CFAI offers for the same price.

i passed and requested a retab. just wanted to relive that moment again