Schweser 2008 Notes

The books seem to be made from cheaper paper, with a more CFA like and less Schweser cliff notes type format. They also seem more length almost Stalla like. Missing their old format!

I actually thought the paper quality is a lot better than previous encounters! I like the new format especially the exam pointers for those who will study on their own, but I am still reading the cfai material first. anyone finding the cfai reading slow going?

have not ordered it yet. tell me more !!!

CFA material sucks. I have absolutely no idea what to focus on. Was hoping to avoid getting Scwheser as it seems to be a bit more expensive than previsous years with less package options to choose from. Has anybody found the Schweser question bank useful for Level 3? Or should I just stick to the Schweser books and maybe one of the practise exam books.

FINforLIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA material sucks. I have absolutely no idea > what to focus on. > > > Was hoping to avoid getting Scwheser as it seems > to be a bit more expensive than previsous years > with less package options to choose from. > > Has anybody found the Schweser question bank > useful for Level 3? Or should I just stick to the > Schweser books and maybe one of the practise exam > books. I agree with you, I was totally lost when I was reading the CFAI material since there was so much, I didn’t know what to focus on. So, I am reading Schweser first (Skeleton), then I would go back CFAI material to get grip on the details. Seems to work fine for me, more focused.

Ditto here, just the sheer volume of material makes you lose focus. SS3 with its tons of readings and now SS4 with another few hundred pages… I am going to read Schweser first so that I know what to focus on.

Btw, no one got the quick formula sheet yet? I wonder how Schweser will do things with Practice Exam Book 1 coming out in early Dec while the rest of books come in Nov. Will there be 2 more shipments?

my understanding is that there will be at least 2 further shipments from schweser … glad to hear other people are finding the cfai material ‘voluminous’ especially with ss3/4/5, which are the sections that I am ploughing through … I have tried to avoid reading schweser until I have gone through cfai but I have found the notes and the question banks help me focus on key points… good enough for now … so much for my initial approach … cfai appears to have way too much details that you can’t really put in a written exam … I will reserve whether I was on the money next year!

I’ve tried, really tried to get going on the CFAI material. I just can’t do it. I don’t have the time to take all that in. I wish I did. So, I’ve now received Books 1 and 4 from Schweser and I’m going to read those. I’ll make sure that I go through all the problems provided in the CFAI texts and do plenty of old exams, and will even splurge for the CFA online exams this year. There is just no way I’m going to be able to get through those CFAI texts this year. Hopefully I’ll be able to recognize my weak spots using Schweser then hopefully hit those readings in the CFAI texts.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve tried, really tried to get going on the CFAI > material. I just can’t do it. I don’t have the > time to take all that in. I wish I did. So, I’ve > now received Books 1 and 4 from Schweser and I’m > going to read those. I’ll make sure that I go > through all the problems provided in the CFAI > texts and do plenty of old exams, and will even > splurge for the CFA online exams this year. There > is just no way I’m going to be able to get through > those CFAI texts this year. Hopefully I’ll be able > to recognize my weak spots using Schweser then > hopefully hit those readings in the CFAI texts. I wonder how the CFAI online exam will grade the essay questions. Maybe the online exam only contains multiple choices questions.

only mc

Btw, no one got the quick formula sheet yet?

quick formula sheet is coming later … … big babbu … totally hear you …dreaming was fun but reality is pure torture right now.