Audio MP3s

Has anyone used the Audio CDs/MP3s from Schweser in the past? are they worth the U$300?

I just posted on this topic in another thread. I used it in the past and I think they are worth it. Most people used it in their commuting. I used it as I read the Schweser notes. I found that it pushed me through the readings alot faster and yet not compromise on retention. Although I found that sometimes I would lose my focus since it was read verbatim to the notes. Now, m considering adjusting my strategy by listening to the audio and reading the CFAI books at the same time. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I think it might work. I think the fact that the audio is not verbatim to the text allows more active reading in an expediate way? Has anyone else used this tactic? What did you like and not like about it? What would you change?

I used it in my car on my way to work after having read the material in the CFAI or Schweser. Worked like a charm, I wanted to feel like ‘Yes, I know what you’re saying’ throughout the CD.

ok - follow up question. can you transfer the MP3s to other people? That is, say i bought them and two or three friends wanted to split the cost, does shweser ‘write protect’ (not sure of the correct IT term) the files liek the CDs so they can only be used a handful of times on different machines?

>i bought them and two or three friends wanted to split the cost, does shweser ‘write protect’ (not sure of the correct IT term) the files liek the CDs so they can only be used a handful of times on different machines? I am not sure if that is legal, but it seems at least one guy copied mp3 multiple times and sold them on ebay.

selling on ebay wouldn’t be legal - i’m 100% sure of that. As for redistribution among close friends, that’s a grey line (at least in canada)…but probably more a ‘no not legal’ than a ‘yes’.

I used them last year on the L3. I definitely would not pay $300 for them. I had a very hard time concentrating on them. I found SchweserPro and the practice exams a much better value and use of time, if you have to choose between the 2.