Investment Jobs in Canada

I currently work in the software industry in US as Business Analyst (Gathering Requirements, UI design etc). I have and Engineering Degree and Management Accountancy Degree. I havel also completed CFA level 2. I am getting fed up waiting for GC in US (It is over 6 years now). What are my chances of immigrating to Canada? If I start now how long it would take? I would like to change career into investment banking buy side equity analyst. I am interested in some software shops in the investment banking area. Give me some pointers as to where I can start…

Chances of immigrating to canada with your qualifications seem pretty good although you might want to speak to an immigration consultant . As far as finding a job in " I would like to change career into investment banking buy side equity analyst. " … I’ think you might have your terminology mixed up but …you 'll have to get in line like the rest of us …ur best bet is to find something in the US and then bring that experience here

In Canada it’s not like they aren’t jobs, they are all hidden, so you should be prepared to network, cold call places and get to the decision maker, get into an institution and prepare to work your way up, etc. It’s a oft-stated fact that Toronto has the highest per-capita CFA headcount in Canada (it also has the largest # of finance jobs and firms as well), point being expect competition, but hone yourself and you’ll make it.