What is everyone getting from Schweser?

I was thinking about changing to Stalla for this exam but I’m going to stick with Schweser since I’m 2 for 2 with it. But I was wondering if any of the added packages or study material is worth while? I was planning on just getting the essential package but they have a bunch of things you can add on. Anyone have an opinion here on study material that they think would be worth it from Schweser? -Thanks

Passed L3 this year doing only Schweser (and the IPS questions in the CFAI books). The add-ons that worked from Schweser: -Weekly live class in Boston. Did it for all 3 levels (L2 twice for this guy). Keeps you focused. -Watched a couple of online classes as well because they gave it to me for free after I asked. -Audio CDs. Boring as hell, but an efficient way to pass the time during your commute. -Notecards. Used them for L2 and L3. Some people say they’re useless. I found them very useful. -Secret Sauce: Used it for all 3 levels. Again, people have knocked it. Read it like 5 times the last week if you really want to pass. -Book 7. The last week of studying I came up with a new way of doing the practice exams in book 6 and 7. I went through and noted which section each question was in. Then I went section by section and did the questions based on section. It was unorthodox, but I felt I would have burnt myself out had I actually done an entire exam all the way through. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I know for a fact I liked it. After I did the questions from each section of these practice exams, I’d take notes in a spreadsheet and made a nice pivot table the last couple of days before the exam. -Didn’t do question bank, which I think was the only thing I didn’t buy from Schweser…

Since my firm is paying Premium package. Books, Q-Bank CD, Video CD, and 3 day intense review seminar.

My firm is paying IF I pass so it would be a gamble to get the premium package. But I’ve just been using the esential package from Schweser and I’m 2 for 2 but I’ve probably put in 400 hrs for each exam. It’s been rough. Any other suggestions? Anyone feel you need more prep on level III then I and II? Or can we get by a little easier? Thanks for the info so far!

i got the secret sauce for level II and found it helpful. i do wonder with so much of level III subjective as to whether it will be helpful. Thoughts?

I never gotten the secret sauce so I’m not sure what it is even. Heard lots about it though. Lots of people like it some lots don’t, seems split on the secret sauce.

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My firm is paying IF I pass so it would be a > gamble to get the premium package. But I’ve just > been using the esential package from Schweser and > I’m 2 for 2 but I’ve probably put in 400 hrs for > each exam. It’s been rough. Any other > suggestions? Anyone feel you need more prep on > level III then I and II? Or can we get by a > little easier? > > Thanks for the info so far! Same with me. But the problem is that the PDF version of the study notes are not available with the essential solution (WTF!). I solely use them, since I print one or two chapters at a time and take them along on my 1.5 hr commute! Worked perfectly for level 1 and level 2! I dont see an option online to buy just the PDF versions :frowning: I would be all over it!

I did the mid-level package (essential solution I believe) and added on secret sauce.

Want to spend the $100 minimum purchase requirement for eligibility of the 50% discount in the Repeat a Level Program should the event of the worst happens. Toss up between Secret Sauce for $99 or Q-bank for $249. Think I will go with Q bank though. I like the fact I can choose tests at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level. I get a base of knowledge and build around that base.