Progress?

For those of you using the CFAI books, how far are you? I just finished volume 2 (my first one)… These take forever to read!! I am worried that I won’t remember a lot of this stuff come may/june

I agree. The readings are long, though I am not worried about forgetting this stuff. My worry is finishing it in time to revise & solve exam/sample problems. No other choice, but to grind your way through.

I just started book 5, but I’m pretty sure I’ve absorbed almost nothing.

I am on Reading 26 (of 49)

I am through session 3 and 4…very slow…

Reading 31 (of 49)

I’m reading from Schweser… Now on to book 3 half way through… Just completed fixed income management. But i did not read Ethics, didn’t do questions and didn’t memorize anything consciously… Just trying to lay the tracks in my mind…

Im still in Ethics in Schweser. Everyone seems to be ahead.

i haven’t started.

I am through schweser book 1 ( Behavioural Finance,Private Wealth Management sans Ethics) Book 2 almost done ( Managing Portfolio for Institutional Investors, Economic Concepts for Asset Valuation and Asset Allocation)… i plan to gather steam from this week onwards…

Did ethics, behavioral finance, and private wealth mgmt in Stalla, and read through capital market expectations and strategic asset allocation in CFAI. The fact that I can mention subject matter and am not listing book numbers tells me I’m not all that far along. However, I really do like the (new) material so far.

session 3 w/ stalla.

I’m through SS 1 - 6, and SS 14 - 15. Finished 30% of the Schweser QBank. I’ve retained nothing.

far ahead at this stage - have finished the entire CFAI readings end-to-end, including doing the chapterend questions and preparing flash cards; currently 25% thru the stalla PM. Reasonably good retention. slowing down the pace to avoid burnout.

ON 2nd half of SS7. I read the CFAI readings, then STalla, then problems.

watching jericho

Started barely … first 3 readings

I listened to all the Schweser MP3s. I’m realising that I came across a lot of the materials during my university. I’ll start reading CFAI books by the end of this week, then I’ll review Schweser Study notes and questions (including Schweser Pro), then I’ll review CFAI end-of-chapter questions. Finally I’ll first do Schweser practice exams (Books 1 and 2) and CFAI institute past exams and new sample exams.

not started ! just registered yesterday… i prepared 4 months for level 1, 10 days for level 2 (managed to pass somehow), wondering if 2 weeks would be a fair enough assumption to complete the prep ? i do not need a v high score - just want to pass :stuck_out_tongue:

busy_people Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > far ahead at this stage - have finished the entire > CFAI readings end-to-end, including doing the > chapterend questions and preparing flash cards; > currently 25% thru the stalla PM. Reasonably good > retention. > > slowing down the pace to avoid burnout. Do you have a full time job? When did you start?