material not specified in the LOS

how well do i need to know the material not specified in the LOS. for instance, if Dual currency bond is in the reading but the los doesnt say anything about it, do i still need to know it?

I remember reading from CFAI that unless reading is marked “optional” you aare responsible for the whole thing…

ywu002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how well do i need to know the material not > specified in the LOS. for instance, if Dual > currency bond is in the reading but the los doesnt > say anything about it, do i still need to know it? I had the same issue, and asked them about dual currency bonds. They gave me the standard answer about ‘not marked optional’, but still no LOS refers to it. Maybe if other people also ask them, they may be more receptive to clarifying the issue.

Can someone point out if any LOS refers to Section 5 (Pages 213-223, Reading 33, SS10)?

I have only used CFAI materials for L1, L2, and now with L3, and I have run into this problem every year. My advice to you would be to prioritize- could they test something like dual currency bond? sure! BUT- we’ve got so much material already directly related to LOS’s! So unless you’ve mastered every LOS and you’re twidling your thumbs with nothing else to study…I wouldn’t worry about it.