Stalla Exams - The worst POS ever...

They must be violating a bunch of copyright laws… I finally started solving problems in the Stalla exam book. All the questions are basically copies of the questions in the CFAI’s old questions. In fact they didn’t even have the courtesy of changing the characters’ names in the IPS sections of the test. They LITERALLY changed only a few words in the entire case just to skirt the copyright laws. It hurts my ego just thinking about the fact that I paid $150 for this garbage. So much for adhering to the CFA ethics guidelines for the people who made up this crap at Stalla. I should just report the whole damn thing to CFAI…

Make sure they did not mention these question are old exam questions (may be in the book introduction), I don’t believe they did not get CFAI permission to reproduce these questions.

“Copyright 2007, CFA Institute. Reproduced and republished from CFA Program Materials with permision from CFA Institute. All rights reserved.”

I started answering them too. I remember one answer that said the time horizon for the 75 year old (surgeon I believe) was long. Nothing against seniors, but how the hell can the time horizon be long for a 75 year old?

Actually if he’s that old, the focus probably shifts to the heirs so it’s a long time horizon. I have not seen the question but it makes sense.

Yeah because so many heirs take their inheritance and keep it invested the way Grandpa and his financial planner set it up.

If he has all his financial needs met and doesn’t need the additional cash he might as well try to get as much capital appreciation so when he dies they get a basis step up and everyone is happy.

Both Stalla & Schweser use old exam questions.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Actually if he’s that old, the focus probably > shifts to the heirs so it’s a long time horizon. I > have not seen the question but it makes sense. I agree with that…however, when there is a lack of sufficient information in the client background, how can we assume that? (Unless client told you specifically) I have tons of client who says: “screw the kids, they can make their own money”. So…once again, back to square one. WTF!!!

Ws, Actually going over the past exam questions, I found the cases to be well defined and don’t leave much room for interpretation if you follow the logic of the CFAI text. It’s not as bad as I expected at least.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ws, > > Actually going over the past exam questions, I > found the cases to be well defined and don’t leave > much room for interpretation if you follow the > logic of the CFAI text. > > It’s not as bad as I expected at least. That’s true. I found the questions on the old exams more well defined than those in CFAI or Schweser.

Thx guys. I would hope that is the case on the actual exam.