Past L3 Takers (Passed or Failed) - Lots of Formulas?

Curious how many formulas/calculations there are in L3? Are the calculations mostly for L3? For L1 & L2 the Schweser Quicksheet was a must. Is it that way again?

bump

WHat the h*** does bump mean?

grind

Everyone says L3 is more qualitative than quantitative, but I’m finding theres just as many formulas and methods of calculations to know than L1 and L2

I find the qualitative is definitely more pronounced, Derivatives are the only really big section of calculations.

jamespucyk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I find the qualitative is definitely more > pronounced, Derivatives are the only really big > section of calculations. Really? What about the calculations in Private Investors Institutional Investors Capital Market Expectations Asset Allocation Fixed Income Equity Risk Management etc etc. which I have yet to go through!

You can almost take the exam without a calculator. In all seriousness, there are only a few times when you really need one - possibly a return calc, some bond math, maybe a derivatives problem. The most likely time you would need them is for performance attribution and some portfolios calcs that have a lot of multiplication, division and squaring numbers. I’d say less than 10% of the exam needs a calculator and even then, you can do the math in your head a lot of the time. That’s not to say that you don’t need to remember as many formulas as you can. The CFAI will pull things out of the deepest recesses of the curriculum to test you so the more you know, the better you will do, in theory.

understand the formulas conceptually and you will be fine. maybe one semi gnarly calc, and a handful of moderate ones on the whole test.