300 Spartans

the movie “300” gives me a lot of inspiration… so for all those who r feeling low like me just watch the movie once to bring the life back on track…" There is no room for softness…only the very tough and brave qualify to become Spartans" … Lets put in our best show… the cost of failing is one long year in deep irritation and frustration and guilt… and this cost is intangibly tooo high accd to me… so lets start doing whatever it takes to pass…the horizon is not that far away and life is very beautiful beyond the valley… NO PAIN

yea, it’s also a retarded action movie that’s only saving grace is the special effects. But even if you’re to look past that, you’re comparing the life or death existence of the Spartans to staying out of the pub and studying for 5 months! Come on mate it’s a tough exam but in the grand scheme of things it’s not that big a deal.

Agreed. There is just no comparison between taking a CFA exam and getting shot with arrows.

Still, I’d rather take an arrow in the a$$ than read any more about the Grinold and Kroner model.

Actually, you wouldn’t

yea, they had barbs on those things.

I’m confused about the point of the thread, are you suggesting I should kick my proctor into a bottomless pit while yelling “This is GIPS!”, because I think I’m OK with that.

AbbeFaria Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m confused about the point of the thread, are > you suggesting I should kick my proctor into a > bottomless pit while yelling “This is GIPS!”, > because I think I’m OK with that. AbbeFaria, I just lost all, if any hope, on studying GIPS. Love your comparison to the “death Trap”.

Come on, folks, don’t be too hard on him. He is talking about movie, not actual historical event…nothing wrong with being entertained at times. And no, “The immortals” were not monsters and elephants are not that big.

I also get inspiration from Rocky (when he trains hard with the song) and from WWII movies like Private Ryan and Band of Brothers (their D-day was June 4 not June 7 though)

The only inspiration I need is that if I pass in June I’ll have that much more time to study what I WANT, rather than HAVE to. And more time for destroying my liver; poor little guy doesn’t know what he’s in for.

AbbeFaria… …I am trying to be passionate so that I dont get kicked in the bottomless pit on the day of CFA result and the institute yells…“This is CFA”

Brilliant dialog guys. Very funny. Should go down as one of the classics… Personally, I’d rather study the Grinold and Kroner model than take an arrow in the a$$, but I must admit that studying that model is so painful that I had to stop for a moment and think about my choice. I think it was the barbs on the arrow that made me finally decide on the model. :slight_smile: Motivation is proving very difficult at the moment so this sort of thread is most appreciated.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Actually, you wouldn’t Are we talking just a straight arrow, or a flaming one? Because if its on fire, than I’m out. If its just a straight arrow, from what distance? I’d take one in the thigh from 50 yards to get me out of a couple of things in life. Not studying though.

What about a spear to the a$$? The weight of the spear all condensed into its tip is killa!!! All in all, i’d reather pick studying than an arrow or a spear to my gluteus maximus!!