Done through schweser

Hey guys last night I completed my reading of schweser notes, with that I have identified few areas of strength (fixed income, risk management, derivatives eqty prt mgmt, eco concepts for asset valuation ) and weaknesses( behavioral finance,private wealth management, portfolio managment for institutional investors) so here is my plan of action till April, 30 ,2008 1) with my weakness areas i plan to read CFAI material then re-read schweser so as to get it strong enough and practice all the CFAI problems. 2) with my strength areas i plan not to ignore them coz they are going to by my trump card so as to review schweser and kill all the CFAI problems.(not reading CFAI text) does this sound good enough? Inputs required from fella boarders. Thanks in advance

PLs do alternate investments from CFAI books… Schweser is quite preposterous in that chapter… also the topic of Swaps in derivatives is quite challenging in CFAI books…

I’m going with the same plan, but a couple weeks behind. Just started Schweser Book 5 this morning and hope to be done with in quick order. After Schweser is done, I’m going to review some key areas in CFAI and do every CFAI problem, hopefully finishing in late April. My goal is to do the first practice exam from Schweser Book 6 on the morning of the NFL Draft. I already read CFA Book 1 before I got the Schweser, so I feel pretty good about the portfolio and IPS stuff at the moment, but of course I will review everything. May’s gonna suck.

I’m a repeat candidate and I can tell you that private wealth management and institutional management are by far the most important study areas. Make sure you practice the long answer questions for those two study sessions ad nauseum. They take up about 50% of the morning session and a good chunk of the afternoon session. I got burned on those - cost me the exam.

How much do you still remember? :wink:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am a bit dissapointed with Schweser this year. I have used them for the previous two levels and I feel like their study package this year is very weak.

^^^^ Could not agree more. I feel like Schweser is wasting my time in certain areas, with really poor writing and no attempt made to shed light on the subject.

Not to mention that the Schweser errata this year is much greater than in previous years. In a few of them, they added many paragraphs to an otherwise lacking explanation.

Which areas in particular you guys found the s’s weak? May be those sessions should be reviewed from CFAI readings ?

you guys are so fast!

I have to agree with the weakness of Schweser for L3…I have been reading the CFAI material then going to the Schweser notes and finding tons of gaps. My reliance on Schweser for L2 almost cost me last year. The only CFAI material I can’t bear to read is the stuff on options…kills me The plan so far has been to look at the Schweser notes right after doing the CFAI reading and make notes in the margins about stuff that Schweser is glossing over or missing altogether. I have been doing all the Schweser concept checkers but during April and May I am going to try to suck it up and do as many of the CFAI problems as possible in addition to all the re-review and practice exams PS - this really sucks

I agree, it was a bad sign when I received my “do it yourself LOS cards”. After looking through the books and comparing I’m very unhappy about how high level schweser is. latenighter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know about anyone else, but I am a bit > dissapointed with Schweser this year. I have used > them for the previous two levels and I feel like > their study package this year is very weak.

thanks Madman - good advice … my first time, but looking at 2007 paper . .t he layout is pretty dense in these areas.