How to study the ethics material?

I was wondering if someone can let me know how he or she is going about studying the ethics part of the exam. Personally I have not had a look at SS 1 or 2! From level 2 I remember that doing as many practice problems as possible helps to improve the identification of tricky wording details that distinguish a correct from an incorrect answer in the ethics section. I will definately try to do as many practice problems (in ethics and other sections) as I can in the remaining 80 days before the exam. But from which source should one do the reading for SS1 or SS2? Schweser or CFAI? Or is it not necessary to do the reading for ethics as the content has been extensively covered in L1 and L2. How do other candidates out there go about studying the ethics material for L3?

Reis_80 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I will definately try to do as many practice > problems (in ethics and other sections) as I can > in the remaining 80 days before the exam. You got it!!

I will study Ethics as thoroughly as possible…as least one more go thru of the whole thing in April sometime

In my opinion, you should more or less know the ethic by this stage in the game. A couple of read throughs of the handbook to efresh yourself and then some practice questions should be fine. Just make sure on the exam that you carfully read the questions as the only real difficult part is usually CFAI trying to trick you. Be sure though to learn the asset manager code which is new for L3.

At this point my ethics studyin will be schweser q bank only - at L2 Candidate pointed out, we’ve done it enough that most of it’s in there so i jus tneed refreshers.

Is it tested both AM and PM ? And how was it tested last year ?

i think it remains an item set in the mc portion of the exam (which is the afternoon?? i think). i don’t think there are any essay q’s on ethics. i think GIPS is an essay section. but i guess i can answer your quesiton in 75 odd days.

Thanks Striker… :slight_smile:

Thank you for your input everyone. Good luck with your preparation. There are many CFAs out there, so passing L3 can be done!

It could be an essay question, it is a possibility. I would study Ethics the same way you have for the last 2 levels, seemed to have worked if you are on L3.