Where are you at?

I am moving to the final study session in Schweser this week. After that, I plan on reviewing the material for a month and then taking practice exams for the last month. How is everyone else doing? I don’t feel like I know anything right now. I quit using the CFAI books because I thought they were boring. I don’t know a single formula outside of the basic Sharpe-type equations. I don’t know if I really care though.

I reserve the right to despise all people who are close to completing the material !

Pretty much same place as you Harry. I’m finishing up SS17 this weekend and will do GIPS hard next week. I can’t even put into words how I’m looking forward to that. The next 5 weeks will be alot of review which will include doing Schweser QBank and all the CFAI material questions. I think it’s essential to do those, or at least read through them and study the answers. I remember reading some statements in here the last couple years that specific exam questions were very similar to questions right out of the books. And, that makes sense. The last 4 weeks will be filled with practice exam after practice exam. Man, I have alot of those. 5 or 6 past CFAI exams (written response), two books of Schweser, and 6 Shweser online exams. 69 days to go, and I’m sure it will fly by.

With March Madness winding down, I just about to start. (In all fairness, I did read half of the ethics book back in January. In a word, boring. Time I want back when I am on my deathbed? Damn right!) I figure if I average 3-4 hours a day of studying from now until the test, I should be fine.

Only covered SS 3, 4, 5 & 6 so far but have 3 full weeks off at the end. In a better position now than I was for L2 or L1 but reading about people having the material finished ain’t good.

Harry / BB I am pretty much dead on what you guys are doing. I “finished” ss 17 this morning and sort of looked at GIPS. Hope to go through GIPS tommorow night and make notes. I dont have all those tests and questions banks that you guys do though. I didnt do that for Level 1 & 2 either. I think for me fewer questiosn over and over and over again works best… 2 MORE MONTHS!!!

I’m reading the actual CFAI GIPS material right now. Oh my god is this terrible. For those of you doing this through the CFAI material good on ya. No way could I do this for all 18 study sessions. I feel like I’m running in quicksand. MGG, you should probably do some of the old CFAI exams just to get a feel for the written response questions, especially the IPS stuff. I always say I’m going to do a sh!tload of exams, but I never get around to do near as many as I would like.

I have done all the readings (CFAI and Schweser) except for the crap on options / swaps, which I saved for last because I hate it so much. I was hoping to be completely done by April 1st to allow 6 weeks for review and 2 - 3 weeks for practice exams and further review so I came pretty close to achieving that The GIPS reading blew my schedule out of the water!! Painful Painful Painful

Peanut Butter, Jelly Time; Peanut Butter, Jelly Time; Peanut Butter, Jelly Time; Where he at, where he at, where he at, where he at, there he go, there he go, there he go, there he go, Peanut butter jelly, Peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jell, Do the peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat… Sorry, when I saw “where are you at?” this song popped into my head with the dancing banana…haha

I have that saved on my computer as a favorite and can watch at any given time