Worst level 3 reading from CFAI text

Chapter 47 on emerging markets finance has to be the worst reading in the entire 3 year CFA curriculum. I kid you not, try it and you might never wake up. It meanders purposelessly, is repetitive, poorly written and hard to follow. You have been warned.

I just finished it. I do not understand how one possible question can come from this material.

Almost up to that point. Thanks for heads up, will be a nice commute reading :slight_smile:

Was there any question from that reading in past years ?

Corp. Governance, Multiple Asset Locations.

I read 47 yesterday but it in know way can suck as bad as the GIPS reading which took me two days to get thru

Governance was bad The reading on the EM was worse GIPS is the worst ever. I get it, global standard, transparency, self regulation blah blah, just for the love of all that is good and holy don’t prattle on for 80 something pages about it!

I am about to read the reading on BRICs…at least it is short Seriously that GIPS reading is almost 100 pages…the CFA Institute is truly trying to punish you, not teach you

While I have yet to hit the GIPS readings, I found reading 43 (Evaluating Portfolio Performance) in CFAI really really rough this past weekend. It put me to sleep. I quickly dropped that reading in CFAI and picked up Schweser for coverage as I couldn’t stand to read the curriculum text. Anyone else find this reading rough? I’m so not looking forward to GIPS…

I thought I could knock it out quickly and boy was I wrong I also find the reading on the options strategies utterly painful.