How much study leave are people taking?

I am taking 3 full weeks off before the exam to study. Interested to know what other people are doing and also what they have covered so far? Listening to everyone on this I think I’m way behind as I only have SS 3, 4, 5 and 6 covered (Only Schweser, CFAI not touched yet), however thats far more than I had done at this stage for L2 or L1. Infact for L2 I only had 2 SS’s covered when I started my 3 weeks study leave.

I’m taking the the full week off before the exam. I get a full 7 days to review & take practice tests. That is def making life easier now. I now have much longer to actually complete the readings and my notes.

how did you manage 3 weeks ??? I’m grovelling for 5 days and my boss won’t relent.

4 days off before the exam. Working only monday. And possible one sick leave the week before…lollll Ponpon

I’ll be working half days 7AM - 1PM for the entire month of May and first week of June. I’ll do that knowing I’m going to walk into a sh!t storm when I get back to full time June 9th. That actually works out great for me though. Even if I was off, it’s not like I’d do any real studying before noon anyways. Hopefully it’s enough. Disclaimer - I do have a full time working wife and two kids so it’s not like I get all that time to study unfortunately.

Got 2 weeks from my firm and took a week of my own holidays. Don’t feel so bad now that everyone else is nearly finished the course.

I have 10 days off for study, so 2 weeks out immediately pre-exam. I might take a long weekend (1 or 2 days off) in April if I get burned out. I have just finished reading the 6 Schweser books, but read 3 of them in the last 9 days or so, so not a sustainable rate…

Geez you guys really have some serious support from the firm. I get 3 cfa days but if I fail then I have to make them up. I’ll take the Friday before the exam off but thats it. I don’t like cramming since it usually just makes me nervous about stuff I probably will get wrong anyway.

I have historically taken the 3 days prior off. Will probably do the same

I have not taken days off in the past, nor will I again. It’s a marathon not a sprint, and my company doesn’t have “CFA days.” However, I wouldn’t complain about it if we did.

That’s how I thought, its a marathon not a sprint, I am taking the last day off! But, I’m sure its pretty nice to get at least the last few days off…but my boss is very very sweet and co-operative hence chose only the last day!

I’m taking Friday before the test, essentially to read the code of Ethics. I’m taking 5 weeks after the test :slight_smile: – Need to take a break for the Euopean Championships … Allez les Bleus …

I am getting the week off prior from my company and contemplating taking some vacation the prior week also.

A week off before the exam, to get the work out of my mind. At least the exam is scheduled for 06/07, so there are few extra days for us & fewer days for the folks taking it next year :slight_smile:

wow. i didn’t realize people took off so much time before the exam… I am getting married this year (postponing honeymoon until next year)… so I don’t have many vacation days that i can use for studying… and my company doesn’t give time off for the exam.

Seriously guys … is it really that difficult to get a week or two off just once a year? I mean don’t you guys have any paid leaves at all?

Sure we do, but why use them on the exam? I’m not sure if anything extra I do the last week will translate to extra points on the test.

There will certainly be some golf in the mix during the time while my brain is resting. this sucks!!!