Flashcards

Is anyone using stalla or schweser flash cards? If so what are your thoughts? I made flash cards last year but they were a headache and was not that much value-add. I m going on a trip and I though flashcards might be nice for the plane ride. Thanks

I have the schweser flashcards and have gone through about 100 or so since getting them. I like them and I’m using them with the required texts, but I think similar to the schweser notes themselves, you’re not really going to know how helpful they are until you start doing questions. I have the VCDs which I will never watch and had the audio tapes for level one which I hardly ever used. I think these are worth the money rather than wasting time making your own. There is pleanty of room to write your own notes if needed.

Didn’t use them for L1 and used them for L2. Will again for L3. You gotta know your stuff before you break out the flashcards. But they helped me memorize what I needed to – I took them everywhere with me and stole 10 mins here, 15 mins there. Don’t know how I survived without them. But don’t write your own, cost is well worth the time savings.

i got them for L1 … but found them pretty useless… when i’m commuting or travelling , i just grab a set of notes i made and re-read them… or just carry any one volume with me to read through the chapters already done… more useful

Useless except for high level review. Problems in texts your best bet.

I think they might come in handy for some of the advantage/disadvantage comparisons. For example a flashcard on credit options, forwards, and swaps and the types of events they’re intended to handle.