Staples

So I go to Staples this afternoon to buy Index cards and a PaperMate Comfort Mate (M) that I always use. First the 4 x 6 index cards only come in 500 packs, oh sure the colored 4 x 6 come in 100 packs but not the white ruled ones. Then the lady informed me that they no longer carry the Comfort Mate. I told her things sure have changed since last year…

Hilarious. I was just there this morning to pick up some of these Index Cards and was b!tching about it to my wife. To which she responds…“if this exam is as hard as you make it out to be you’ll use all those cards anyways.” Dead to me!

What is PaperMate Comfort Mate (M)? Are you guys going to make the index cards now? I find that really time consuming.

PaperMate Comfort Mate (M) is a pen, a great pen with a no slip grip and a ball point tip, alas they don’t sell it anymore… Thankfully a half our of searching drawers this afternoon produced two of these rare beauties. I have heard a couple people say how time consuming index cards are but for me I can go through a section and index the things I don’t know that I need to know and then I don’t have to read that section again because everything I need is on the cards. It also helps when you have a minute here and a minute there.

BTW, does L3 require pen for the essay portion, or is pen better than pencil? I hadn’t thought about that.

Doesn’t matter, pen or pencil. Your choice.

so what do people recommend (or does the CFAI recommend one vs the other?)? both have pro’s and cons…and i’ve never considered this tradeoff before…

Knowing how terrible my handwriting is; and under the time pressure, I will begin to write with only half-ass-completed-thought in my mind. I would go with pencil.

I have a tendency to go back and change answers, if they’re strict on limiting you to the space of the answer boxes of the templates I’m going with a pencil/eraser as opposed to the space consuming pen/crossout combo