Review / Study strategy from here on ??

Just wondering how you guys plan to review/study from now onwards …I’m tryiing to formulate a plan for myself and since I’m almost done with the readings ( SCHWESER ) and I;m trying to gauge how best to use my time going forward . I just got secret sauce which should be helpful in review .

My strategy is always to pick a date well in advance of the exam date and make that my hypothetical exam day. for example, May 10. Based on this date do whatever it takes to get prepared. On May 10, take an actual review exam. This will give you over 20 days to make improvements.

Rudeboi, what is secret sauce?

prayer, prayer is my main strategy I’m hoping to have 20 days of nothing but doing practice problems (hoping to finish second pass on material - including note card making, etc. early enough to fit in those 20 days).

any ideas on how to approach GIPS… i was thinking that once i finish the rest of the sessions except ss18, i’ll start revising and do say 4-5 pgs of GIPS each day… not sure how good this plan is… breaking up a session over 10 days doesn’t seem the most advisable strategy but i shudder at the thought of doing ss18 in one go.

bips Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > any ideas on how to approach GIPS… i was thinking > that once i finish the rest of the sessions except > ss18, i’ll start revising and do say 4-5 pgs of > GIPS each day… not sure how good this plan is… > breaking up a session over 10 days doesn’t seem > the most advisable strategy but i shudder at the > thought of doing ss18 in one go. Thats what i plan on doing with ethics …

bips Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > any ideas on how to approach GIPS… i was thinking > that once i finish the rest of the sessions except > ss18, i’ll start revising and do say 4-5 pgs of > GIPS each day… not sure how good this plan is… > breaking up a session over 10 days doesn’t seem > the most advisable strategy but i shudder at the > thought of doing ss18 in one go. GIPS is readable in 2-3 days. I suggest just do it at a strectch and get done with it… that’s what I did…

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rudeboi, what is secret sauce? http://www.schweser.com/products/all_study_products.php I plan on continuing review with secret sauce Qbank and pratice exams ( schwser & CFAI old exams ) if i come across a topic i’m really struggling with I will go back and read it again . Hoefully this will give me enough time to do lots of questions as well …

I am finishing my first review from CFAI texts today. All but perhaps 10 pages of GIPS. This first pass was basically a thorough and deep reading as opposed to speed reading. However, did not do problems. I start my second pass tomorrow - hopefully readings would be much faster this time. I am budgeting 6 days per volume (2-5) and this time will do problems from chapter end and Schweser. Finish on May 15. May take few days off in this period. May 15 - June 6 would be more problems, practice exams, review from Schweser and ethics. Getting the week before the exam officially off and perhaps will take the prior week off as well on my own time. This would be crucial for me as my memory is tanking.

agreed on gips, just grab your… and do it. bang it out, go back and review again. the questions at the back of the CFAI book on GIPS were very helpful

My brain feels full, but I can’t quite figure out “full of what?” This is a source of stress. I only have “PM in a Global Context” and a review of Ethics before I get to the final revising. There seems to be a reasonable length of time left, but I’m definitely getting nervous.

I liked the posts here…thought it was very insightful I have asset allocation (i am stuck on MVO, Monte Carlo stuff), GIPS and ethics to go… Hopefully, I will finish asset alloc. and GIPS by Sunday night… I will start revising SS 8,9,11,12,13 (forgotten most of it) for probably 3-4 days and then begin taking probably closed book tests…

I have read all of the CFAI material and read Schweser and done all of the concept checkers in Schweser Now I plan on re-reviewing all of the Schweser books (which have notes I have made from the CFAI material), doing the Q Bank questions, and finally doing all of the CFAI problems I haven’t done yet (or at least the ones that are clearly tied to LOS’s) I hope to be done with that May 15th or so…leaves 3 weeks for practice exams and figuring out why I am failing them. Secret Sauce will be read cover to cover at least 4 times between now and the test In the words of the Mandlebaum’s…“it’s go time”

pingdanny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have read all of the CFAI material and read > Schweser and done all of the concept checkers in > Schweser > > Now I plan on re-reviewing all of the Schweser > books (which have notes I have made from the CFAI > material), doing the Q Bank questions, and finally > doing all of the CFAI problems I haven’t done yet > (or at least the ones that are clearly tied to > LOS’s) > > I hope to be done with that May 15th or > so…leaves 3 weeks for practice exams and figuring out why I am failing them. Secret Sauce > will be read cover to cover at least 4 times > between now and the test > > In the words of the Mandlebaum’s…“it’s go > time” DAMN …looks like you are on the ball . Your making me nervous .

don’t be…I am a terrible test taker!!