stuck in between

Hi guys …I am a Chartered Accountant and a FRM and also in level 3 … I need ur help…i m stuck in a job where i dont apply any concepts of CFA,FRM… and the work ex will surely not count for the 4 yrs requirement…I make some sidy minutes of the meetings in the company (pls dont laugh…)… i want to make sure that i pass CFA so that i can proudly enter the field of my choice …i feel that I need atleast a months leave for the exam taking into consideration the fact of the foreign travel for Indian students…but this much leave can put my job at risk which anyway i dont c a long term career…considering that i am only 23 can i take this risk of concentrating on my career more than my job…and start my career after the CFA exams u guys seem to be very experienced and have seen life more than me … Pls help…

i would say do it. if you are pretty certain you’ll make the exam after a month of prep and you don’t enjoy what you do now, i would do that if i were in your shoes.

guys pls help

i’m curious about your work profile… CAs are doing great work now days and are getting pretty good pay too… a couple of my friends have just completed it, and they are placed nicely and have really interesting job profiles … well, as interesting as taxation and auditing can be :slight_smile:

CFA and FRM r of no use in auditing and tax and the work there is really very boring…so CAs deserve the bad job profiles but it is hard to digest them when u r a FRM and also a CFA level 3 candidate…there must be some line of difference between only CAs and CA+CFAlevel3+FRM…which the employers in India dont recognise

personally i feel any work is better than no work… but since you hate your job so much, whats a month… if you are looking for a switch then go ahead and concentrate on l3… but do you even need a month off ?.. if you have even completed one quick reading, you don’t really require so much time off… in the end, no one can answer this for you… just think about the pros and cons and figure out what you want to do the most… all the best :slight_smile:

i would not quit my job if i were u. first, u lose the CF. second, u are not 100% that u will pass. 3rd, the results are 2 months after u take the test, so u have a definite 3 month loss of CF and maybe 1 to 3 months of interviewing before you land a job. therefore, on avg, u’ll be missing out on 5 months of CF…and thats only if u pass level 3 and leverage it correctly for a new job.

thanks guys … i m asking my employer to make an internal ahift into finance… hope that worls out

zidane2, where are you located?

Mumbai, India