No Quantitative Section in CFAIII 2008?

I didn’t find Quantitative Section in LOS in CFAIII 2008. Could you guys give me tips? Thanks!

I’m too tired to be sarcastic… can someone else come up with something ?

the quant section is the one from level I and II… Is the same as for financial statement analysis, you have to study everything again becasue you can have essay questions about them in level III

Read Volume 5 backwards - they are trying to save the environment and are trialling this new method of saving paper. If this works, next year we will have only 3 volumes.

Red Rum.

Everybody’s drinking Red Rum.

Quant you need for Level III: H-O-R-N Type I error – > Ho: Reject Null when is true Type II error – > Fail to reject false Null Type I = Fire good manager Type II = Not fire a bad manager

you have them switched around Ho: Manager adds no value By rejecting null when its true (Type I error), you say Ho is false (thinking manager must be good), hence keep the manager when in fact he is bad. By accepting Ho when its false (Type II error), you say Ho is true (thinking manager must be bad), hence fire the manger when in fact he is good. Type I error = Keep or hire bad manger Type II error = Fire a good manager