4 to 3 answer choices?

Did you see this post on CFAI website? Format Change For 2009 CFA Exams CFA Institute is committed to maintaining and improving the standards and consistency of the CFA exams. Research and our own experience indicate that the fourth answer option on multiple choice and item set exams is unnecessary to assess a candidate’s knowledge and skills. Three answer choices are sufficient and effective in discriminating between those candidates that possess the knowledge and skills and those that do not. As a result, we are changing the format of the multiple-choice and item set questions on CFA exams from four answer options to three.

post a link - until then i don’t believe it.

IT’s true it was discussed in the General forum and there was a legitamite link…

conventiently backed up without a link? c’mon guys, its a sunny sunday and we’re alll studying…provide the link! lol.

Geez - We had like a 100 post discussion about it on GD. It’s true. I promise.

well, if joey D says its true, then i’m totally on board now! actually, i juist found the link and its says that the essay part of the 2008 exam has recently been changed to multiple choice since too many candidates are taking the exams this year and they can’t mark all the exams in the alloted time. lucky us!

striker, yes, but remember: this year morning session will be multiple choice, but you will have 6 instead of 4, and more than one can be right

trust, but verify… http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/sample.html Format Change For 2009 CFA Exams CFA Institute is committed to maintaining and improving the standards and consistency of the CFA exams. Research and our own experience indicate that the fourth answer option on multiple choice and item set exams is unnecessary to assess a candidate’s knowledge and skills. Three answer choices are sufficient and effective in discriminating between those candidates that possess the knowledge and skills and those that do not. As a result, we are changing the format of the multiple-choice and item set questions on CFA exams from four answer options to three. This change will be effective on the 2009 CFA exams. Read the FAQs. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/questions_faq.html

Thanks for the vote of confidence Striker…we’ll see if I help you out going forward… :slight_smile:

hahah, bigwilly…what can i say…you have to admit, as we get closer to the exam people (myself included) are becoming increasingly agitated, short tempered and frankly, goof balls. this just struck me as a sunday practicle joke…jokes on me! meh…at least i don’t expect there to be a quesiton about this on the 2008 exam.

Apology accepted :slight_smile: