How's everyone progress?

I think I am behind by 2 weeks to 1 months. I am only half way though the the stupid material.

Just started review last week…but dont remember too much

Me too, just finished Schweser notes book 1. But I always start late.

took 1 schweser practice exam. rocked the afternoon and got rocked on the morning… back to reviewing my notes and CFAI questions… gotta really focus on the IPS essay questions. I like the little IPS summary that CompSciKid was putting together…I will surely use that…

I spent all of this past w/e reviewing SS8 and SS9, I don’t remember a lot of the other stuff… I’m torn between taking tests and reviewing…I feel if I take the tests, I probably won’t know much of the stuff-just wasting test material. Only consolation is that I have been thru the material once. I will begin taking tests starting this weekend at any cost. By then, I am planning to revise SS13, SS15, SS11 AND bits from SS4,5,6&7. I am realistically aiming to take about 8 tests, 2x8x3=48 hours… any suggestions?

yeah, for exams there are so many it’s good to just dive in… between 6 schweser practice exams, maybe BSAS, years 2000-2007 CFAI exams, the free sample exam online, and all the back of the CFAI book practice questions… I think repetition is imperative at this point…

For the exams I started with 2000 and am working my way forward…should have done 2002 and 2003 this weekend but forgot 2003 on my desk at work, hence only 2002 got done… There are good GIPS questions on some of them which I have not done and have left for review. Also, how are people grading the Morning session on the mocks? How do you assess the point values?

can you post the link to the little IPS summary that CompSciKid was putting together? thank you

didn’t grade the morning session on the schweser book 1 practice… Just considered that my trial run but I went through the answers in detail… These essay tests are really weird when you’re used to MC…

Started prior year exams - seems as a best way for review. Retention has been very low -10%. Morning sessions are particularly hard to practice - multiple choice is so much better- otherwise I feel I am cheating as checking the answers while giving incomplete responses - how can you grade this indeed? How are BSAS exams?

eliapa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Started prior year exams - seems as a best way for > review. Retention has been very low -10%. Morning > sessions are particularly hard to practice - > multiple choice is so much better- otherwise I > feel I am cheating as checking the answers while ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ME 2! > giving incomplete responses - how can you grade > this indeed? How are BSAS exams?

I’ve been reviewing for awhile and now last two weeks and going forward I will be strictly doing problems unless I feel the need to review. There are just so many problems out ther I feel the more the better. I am scoring really well on qbank (80%), I know I know qbank is pretty easy but I think it helps and it worked for me on I and II. However I did pretty awful on the Schweser Practice Exam 1 morning session, I feel just like 3rd and Long as far as the essay questions. And did anyone freak out when they saw that Schweser’s Practice Exam 1 book says you need to score about 65-70 to pass but they insisted that you should be scoring 10-15 higher on these practice exams? I mean scoring 85 on the Schweser is not impossible but it is tough. I dont remember them ever before saying anything like that in those practice books before. I guess I should do pretty well on the MC.

Has anyone taken the CFAI freebie sample exam yet?

Someone I think did, I could have sworn I saw a post about it.

yes for free exam check memorization or understanding thread… does anyone have thread from IPS by CompSciKid??

Eliapa, do a search, you can search by author name…

oh that is harder than reading through a CFA study session… i give up… he posts a lot :slight_smile:

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,691898

I just started my 2 nd pass …and i got owned by SS 8 & 9 …damn …

I just got owned with SS12 and the Stress vs Scenario testing questions in Stalla! What the deuce!! I hope our questions on SS12 are like 2006 exam…easy :slight_smile: