Can't remember anything ???

ok, i know everyone is having retention problems… but is anyone drawing a complete blank ? second review- and i can’t remember a word of fixed income and risk mgt… nothing! zero! zilch!.. its like doing it all over again… what will happen in derivatives ? :frowning:

i think it’s panic mode. it’s in there. don’t worry . i had same thing 2 days before L2 and was COMPLETELY freaking out… it’s in there… come show time, we will shine

I’m feeling the same thing, making some stupid mistakes but hopefully I’ll get out all those stupid mistakes and remember all come June 7th, June 8th I dont care either way Until August :slight_smile:

I have all the materials + notes at home, but I have brought to my office the 2008 schweser quicksheet. Not bad, it is actually quite complete, at least to have a general view and remember some things… Also, I refresh this web every 20 minutes (minimum). I think you would be able to cover 100% of the curriculum if you just read all the posts :slight_smile:

bips Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ok, i know everyone is having retention problems… > but is anyone drawing a complete blank ? > second review- and i can’t remember a word of > fixed income and risk mgt… nothing! zero! > zilch!.. its like doing it all over again… > what will happen in derivatives ? :frowning: Same problem until I realized that I was trying to recall EVERYTHING that I have studied so far!! Since that is impossible, I feel as if I don’t know ANYTHING at all. Solution is to solve problems.

Do you guys think it’s a good idea to go through the study guides again (Stalla/Schweser) or is just solving more and more problems going to be more helpful? I feel like I need to read everything again because I don’t remember a thing!

AnalyseThis i think it will be helpful. I am on my pass through schweser (I read all CFAI before) doing schweser/CFAI end of chapter, after that i will just do questions/exams

I’m reading through each study guide again, get through it in an hour or 2 depending on SS, and then I’m doing all the CFAI questions and STalla questions. On weekends, I take a CFAI old exam or two…

I havent started taking exams yet, i will once my review is done, probably second week of may.

Same here CSK. I think I’ll save the exams for the last two weeks. I’m doing ok with the multiple choice questions - the essay part is screwing me over.

my strategy is to start exams NOW… review mon-saturday and exam on sunday… last year I waited too long and din’t get to hit as many exams as optimal… and for L3 feel the essay is important to really work on…and for me to be most effective, is to start going through exams early…

How many exams you guys are planning to do ?

6 schweser, years 2000-2007 CFAI morning sessions, at least one CFAI sample exam (the free one)… and whatever else time allows for…

ALL of them. 2000-2007 exams, plus 3 Stalla Exams, plus 3 CFAI Exams…

I should preface that the old CFAI exams are being done as problems not as a timed exam…

This is the first time I will be able to take exams-do you time yourself or just do it as problems-what is most productive method ?

I usually time one of them and if I finish with plenty of time then I dont really ‘time’ it after that one. but if I’m cutting it close I will time all of them to make sure i finish.

Timing each q or the whole exam?

Whole exam

Wait where is 2007 exams? Where did you guys get 2005-2007 exams :frowning: Sfasuccess has only up to 2005