I am behind.

Still have 1.5 schweser books to review and havent start doing any tests. Not to mention i havent reviewed ethics (will probably do it through questions, and will only reread asset managers code) :frowning:

Dude, I’m probably at almost exactly the same place in the curriculum or even farther behind than you. I’m just starting SS#13 right now and hating it. Where are you? Otherwise, your decription above accurately describes my review progress. Where is everyone else?

CSK, I remember you whining at L2 about how you were so unprepared that you were despondent. As I recall, you seemed to have your stuff down as well or better than the rest of us. I like you CSK, so I’m not trying to be mean or anything in my reply, but I’m not ready to cry for you Argentina just yet. :wink: But keep studying; you may be one of those people who’s behind because you’re busy absorbing more of the info on the first run through and probably retaining it better than the rest of us too.

I haven’t done Ethics yet either, I always save that for the end…closer tot he exam.

bchadwick, i retained nothing through my first CFAI iteration (except derivatives:)), now i am feeling good about chapters i reviewed but it should all come together when i will start taking tests. I was just planning to finish review by beginning of may, and it looks like it can be drag well into may at this point

dont stop reviewing to do tests…do both. Read them through quickly again adn take tests :slight_smile: if you have the time.

Seriously…I have put more time, more energy into LIII, however, I still feel I am behind. I have done 1 around of CFAI and Schweser already…I am still not confident at all. I have done 4 past CFAI exam…not one time, not one time I can correctly do the required (after-tax, before-tax) calculation. (I just can’t count).

I think its good though that we all feel behind b/c if we felt we weren’t we’d be cocky and probably fail like Bleron…ouch that was harsh…

How great would it be to open the test and the first essay question was: 1) Please list the 7 attributes of a good portfolio benchmark.

I’ll Write SAMURAI and leave it at that: S - Specified in Advance A - M - Measurable U - Unambiguous R - A - I - Investable

A-Approiate R-Reflective A-Accountable

I think I would have to yell BOOOOYAAAA after I answered the first question

yell it right in the guy’s ear sitting next to me… extremely loud!!

On that note i have a question, i will post a topic

I haven’t finished reading all the material for the first time (still need SS 4,7,11). You guys will be fine… If anyone else is on the first read - commisurate!

I’m not even half-way through the second CFAI book yet … marathon sessions planned over next few weeks. But everyone feels behind, even the grind who planned 3 read throughs of Schweser and CFAI and 3 runs through problems and fi’ty-elev’n run throughs of old tests.

^^^ You’ll be fine too. You’re the dark horse here.

First review w/ CFAI texts - done. Retention 10%. Second review w/CFAI texts - Planned to finish May 15, but running 4 days late. Will have to move to Schweser soon to compensate. 3 days for ethics and memorizing every frigging formula before the exam. Remaining time - review with Schweser + exams. End result - retention 10%!@#$% I have never ever felt so unprepared after so much effort. My age is catching up… oh youth :frowning:

From the board postings, my perception of people most prepared: ws strikershank hala_madrid bigwilly csk i.e. unless you’re opening books to post the perfect answer :wink:

Damn even people on message boards know I’m not prepared