is it ok to take a day or two off from studies

Have been studying for past 4 months almost every day for 4 ( weekdays) to 12 hours (weekends) planning to take a day or two off from studies ( to avoid burnout) but when i see my mates studying soo hard…i feel left out and get back to my studies… is it really a good idea to take a day or two off… i have finished my first reading + 1 review of schweser and nailed all the CFAI problems (+ the in between topic examples) (IPS still giving me difficult times) or shuld i tell my self just one more month to go then u can take as many days off as u can… advise needed… thanks

relax!

Get a life. :slight_smile:

You worry way, way too much.

I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing equity_research. I will take the weekend of the 17th off. Don’t feel guilty about it. It may be necessary to prevent you from getting burnt out!

i study 3-5 hours a day, even on weekends. And i take at least one day a week where the only ‘studying’ i do is this forum (meaning less than 1 or 1.5 hours) at LEAST one day a week. But never more than 2 days. If you don’t, you’ll burn.

Did you say you nailed ALL the CFAI problems ? You’re way ahead of me.

CFAI end of chapters problems, that what he ment :slight_smile:

That’s what I meant too. Especially reading 44-45 are tuff to do.

derswap, some people already did like 3 practice exams, but i am with you. I still have 2 study sessions to go to finish my schweser/cfai + all end of chapter problem review cycle

Thanks Comp_sci_kid for your reassurance. I could do all CFAI end of chapter problems but this reading 44 threw me off.

some problems i just dont do. Like calculate tracking risk given a sample of 10 port and benchmark returns? Please i know this questions like that would never come up on exam

I’m going to visit family next weekend for mothers day, will still study but won’t be near as productive as a normal May weekend. There is more to life than CFAI…right???

Well, for reading 44, problems 6,7 the calculations for risk is like that. I did not do them .

equity_research_nds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have been studying for past 4 months almost every > day for 4 ( weekdays) to 12 hours (weekends) > planning to take a day or two off from studies ( > to avoid burnout) but when i see my mates studying > soo hard…i feel left out and get back to my > studies… > > is it really a good idea to take a day or two > off… 4 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends = 4*5 + 12*2 = 44 hours per week. 4 months = 17 weeks So, in the past 4 months, you have studied *almost* 750 hours. That’s already 3 times what CFAI recommends. If not now, then when ??

fsa-sucker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > equity_research_nds Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Have been studying for past 4 months almost > every > > day for 4 ( weekdays) to 12 hours (weekends) > > planning to take a day or two off from studies > ( > > to avoid burnout) but when i see my mates > studying > > soo hard…i feel left out and get back to my > > studies… > > > > is it really a good idea to take a day or two > > off… > > > 4 hours on weekdays and 12 hours on weekends = 4*5 > + 12*2 = 44 hours per week. > > 4 months = 17 weeks > > So, in the past 4 months, you have studied > *almost* 750 hours. That’s already 3 times what > CFAI recommends. > > If not now, then when ?? Yes, please take a break so the rest of us can pass!!!

is your goal to break the all time CFAI record of 99% on the test? if not, stop studying!

Oh Boy ! You’re one serious student. Take break please so that we can try to catch up !!!

For the friday before the exam for L1 and L2 I have booked a massage (non happy ending) and have made it a point to rent a funny movie and chill out with a beer or 2. I have never looked at notes the day before the exam and it has served me well 2 for 2, i just booked my massage for June 6th! You need to relax buddy, burnout’s a bit**

The day before the exam, I close my books at 5:00 PM, exercise a bit and then go to Chili’s with a friend who can make me laugh. Chicken marinated in margarita, a beer or two, and life is good.