SCHWESER Final Review Pack

Has anyone purchased the Final Review Pack from Schweser? I am done with all the CFAI readings and now getting ready to go back through all the readings and do the questions. Any thoughts or comments on the quality of this product? I am contemplating getting this to help me focus on the important stuff (in LOS). The Notes Package seems a bit much - I wont have time to read them all. If you ahve purchased it - how effective do you think it is? The Product: 1- Online Review (May17-18) 2- Online Practive Exams 3- Secret Sauce Book - {not sure what this really is} Any recommendations?

If you have the cash and the time, then I would go for it. You don’t want to take any chances and have to put yourself through this hell again next year. I am using the online seminar and find it quite a useful addition to the notes, so I think the online review might be good as well, unfortunately I don’t have the time to sit through it. I did get sucked into buying the secret sauce as a final review tool however. I looked at the prior year sample and it seems to summurize each lesson in 10-20 pages, so will be a good tool to read the final few days before the exam to touch a bit on each topic.

Thanks L2! I think you captured it with “put yourself through this hell again next year”… Im going to call Schweser and see what its all about…

DM - I’m in the same boat as you timing wise and signed up for the review. At first glance it seems it will be worthwhile. Let’s hope I’m right!

Hey Darkhorse - I purchased the FInal Review pack with overnight delivery. Also got the Quick Review sheet (its one of those laminated Quick sheets with summaries and formulas on them). It should be here tomorrow. The person at Schweser said that the Special Sauce book is like a couple a hundred pages (15-20 pages per study session). And it has “KNOW THIS FORMULA!” text - thats what I need!!! Cant wait to see it! I am now just going through all the readings and seeing where there are questions to check our knowledge (in the CFAI readings). There arent many chapters that have questions associated with them. I wonder HOW THE HECK DO WE MAKE OURSELVES COMFORTABLE THAT WE KNOW WHATS IN THAT CHAPTER?! Hopefully the Online tests (Schweser as well as CFAI’s will really make us understand where we have to focus)… Trying to bubble up a couple a thousand pages of gobbledigoop is somewhat overwhelming…

I’ve been trying to do the Q-bank questions - easier than CFAI and builds the foundation. However, the CFAI questions are key - do them until you know them (I’m still not at this stage but getting there). For most of the chapters that don’t have questions, there’s a lot of memory work. Check the Schweser blog on behavioral finance for a list which is pretty comprehensive. Otherwise, keep slogging away! There’s still enough time for us - we just have to hang in there and study hard.

Hey Darkhorse - do you have the link to the Behavioral Finance blog? Im just starting the review of SS#3 today.

http://www.schweser.com/online_program/blog.php?item_id=201

Shoot - do you have to pay extra bucks for accesst to that blog? I keep putting in the link and it keeps taking me to the overall BLOG page…

It is the Exam Tips blog… at least if you’re talking about the summary of behavioural terms.

BTW - got the Secret Sauce Book today. If you have done all the CFAI readings - this book is pretty darn good! I’m a BIG fan so far! I’m able to work through the readings with more ease. It does a great job of summarizing the big picture - a Reading is like 2-3 pages. AND they focus on the formulas that you need to know (weeding out the hundreds of variations of the same formula). I haven’t hit the Portfolio Mgmt review piece yet but I’m more encouraged by the ease of the read - its written in the KISS form (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Did you find the blog on behavioural terms DM?

I spent 30 minutes trying to find it and I kept getting that CFA Blog… I couldnt find it.

DM, they are on the blog. Scroll down to the archive from 2/27>>>

ok - I feel like a flippin’ moron… maybe im burned out… the only thing I see from 2/27 on the BLOG is “Give me an “S,” Give me an “E,” Give me an “M-I-N-A-R” I went to the www.schweser.com - then I clicked on CFA Level III and then Free CFA BLog - then I went to Level 3 - Does the Archive start with 'You can Do IT!”?

Ok DH - I just figured it out… you have to pay “moh money” to see that blog… the link you sent had Online_program in it so I logged in and tried to add the blog piece. It said ‘You do not have access to this product.’ - I would need to have purchased the study notes…

Ah - was just going to suggest asking Schweser because I wasn’t sure why you couldn’t see it…sorry about that!

No prob - I felt like a nimrod because I couldnt find it. I knew something was whacky. THe Secret Sauce book had a great overview of the entire BF section. I am able to get through study sessions in hours and really understand what they are saying (so far). I havent hit the really complex schiznit yet - we’ll see how that goes. L2 Candidate - if you see this, let me know what you think of the book. I bought the hard copy and have been carrying it around with me everywhere, grabbing a read when I can.

Data_Monkey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Darkhorse - I purchased the FInal Review pack > with overnight delivery. What are they sending you for the Final review pack. I signed up for it at the beginning of the year, but have not received anything for it.

Hey Big Babbu - if you purchased it at the beginning of the year, you should log onto Schweser’s website. Look to see if you have the following: 1 - Online Exams 2 - Online Seminar - Sat May 17th - Sun May 18th (9am-6pm EST) 3- eBook “Special Sauce” for download I also bought a hard copy of the eBook for another $50 + a laminated Quick Reference guide. (That’s what they sent my). I cant stand reading lots of stuff on a computer screen + you cant take notes in the eBook (nor can you print it off).