Print Screen Function Tracking

Do you think the CFAI will be able to track if you Print Screen the online exams? It says specifically on there that it is a breach? But can they “really” know?

If they say its not allowed, then if you do so you will be in violation of the CFAI Code of Ethics. So if they decide to track your IP Address find out who you are, then yes they can find out b/c you just expressed interest in it… Just my .02.

they cant prove that you print screen. I thought it is not a violation (and no, i havent even taken those tests yet) They can track your IP, but print screening is purely client side operation and THERE IS NO WAY IT CAN BE DETECTED ON SERVER SIDE I can guarantee you this, as a comp_sci_kid :slight_smile:

Note, since they stated this year explicitly it is a violation - i would not do that :slight_smile: Why risk 2.5+ years of hard work?

can one even track print screen ? computer illiterate here… what about those nice screen recording programs like snagit ?

Well, i am lying. Yes, you can track it, if you will click “yes” and activate active+x component on your computer, or you can intercept key presses (although application like explorer will have to be in focus probably) using javascript, but in general, if you are smart about it, you can do it so no one will ever know. Again, you can also steal candy from pharmacy so that no one will know, question is will you do that?

you can also use your camera to take pictures of the screen, but the question still remains will you do that?

They give a pdf file with answer key and reference to relevant LOS at the end of sample tests, so why bother and take unnecessary risks.

really??? good to know. That is used to be not the case last year

Yes it was the case, I studied a lot with it at level two last year… Ponpon

It woudl still be nice though if you had teh questions so that you know what the answers are in response to…