Recall vs Writing

Anyone else have this issue that your recallability is great, you see something as in a MC quesiton and you remember it, but if you are asked to write down the 5 goals of GIPS you mind turns blank??? I wish my brain would function correctly…if I only had a brain.

the same here… I am afraid that during the exam I will be saying "Oh I remember I read this, it’s volume 5 of CFA readings bottom of the page–BUT what exactly I wouldn’t remember :frowning:

bigwilly, yeah, that is why CFA L3 is so much harder. My physical memory is large and can store alot of information but my L1 and L2 caches are a mere 256k. Cant recall quickly for sh1t and to remember something it takes forever

64k ought to be enough for anybody.

My take on this is that (1) People on this board, for most part, have paid their dues and as well prepared as any one else. At least in their level of preparation they represent the top quartile. (2) All of us see to be having retention problem (although some more than others). As such, the ground is even for the AM session as long as you get the IPS question right. And then the battle will be fought in the PM session.

As Sun Tzu once said, “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” As BigWilly once said, “Victorious Charterholder’s study first and then go to war, while defeated Charterholders go to war first and then seek to win.”

Sun Tzu is great… I think I will take him out to Central Park for a read on Sunday, June 8th, weather permitting.

Completely agree with you guys, the MC questions have answers that jog your memory and help you remember stuff. For instance you can usually weed out two answers that you know are wrong but on short answers there is not much to jog your memory. It makes it much more difficult on top of all the other factors.