Average Risk Taking Ability/Willingness

I am wondering what kind of portfolio/income requirements and/or constraints fit the bill for an average risk taking ability/willingness. I see that most examples have either above or below average willingness/ability.

CC, I think its all up in the air… Sometimes I can get it spot on the other times I lean towards one way but go with the safer route and get it wrong… I think the most important thing is supporting your answer, I dont think they are going to kill you if you put average risk instead of Below average risk…now maybe if you do Above when it should be below then that’s alittle different, but I’m just gonna give it my best shot.

i think this is possibly the stupid most item on the exam and CFAI needs to do something about it… but there is always a ‘right’ answer in their view…and you dont get much points otherwise, as is reflected in last year’s scores in the AM session.

Yeah but I think they probably only associate 1-2 pts to the determination of which 3 you pick, Below, Avg or Above. The rest of the points are whether you backed up your answer or not…I coudl be wrong but I doubt if you put Avg and it should have been Below BUT you put all the necessary backup with your answer that they are going to give you 0 points.