Family Ties and level III

I cant believe it, here I am busting my guts (not 100% 0f the time) - trying to stay in the exam zone … and my husband’s family will not give me a break … with one month to go, I still have to go to family damn parties. Where is the love?

I hear you — Sis in law’s wedding coming up… somehow I managed to get it pushed…fewdays after the exam. But the complaint still exists - I am not actively participating in the wedding preparations ! duhhh ?!! :((

Yea they just don’t understand and I guess I don’t blame them. I am suppose to be going to a bachelor party next Saturday but I think I might skip.

I’m in my buddy’s wedding Memorial Day Weekend. It’s a 3 day affair b/c it’s out of town. Thank God the exam is not the weekend after Memorial Day this year!

dong at least your house is not being fumigated! And it’s on my birthday! booo… not like I was going to celebrate anyways! I have to move out on Monday and can’t come back until Thursday… my poor husband I told him that he will have to pack all the stuff himself because I can’t be bothered. I swear he is going to divorce me one of these days! Poor termites!! I’ve never even seen one! yayks. I better study up this weekend. Hey are you doing the Boston mock? I’am

Hey Iwona! Yeah, I’m doing the Boston mock. Figured I might as well. It looks like it’ll be the first full-lenght practice exam I do…just like last year because I’m still reviewing everything. Arrgh, reviewing is taking too long. Crappy timing with the fumigation. They did my building last summer and of course I never saw any termites. Then again, they live between the walls! Friday night at Starbucks blows. 4 more weeks of this and then hopefully we’re done forever!

I think Alex would absolutely have his charter by now.

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where is the love? Wrong question. The question is, “Are you weak or strong?” If you’re weak, you will let in-laws push you around. If you are strong, you will take ownership of your life, assert yourself, stand up to these old fogies, and do what you gotta do.

Hye guys, how do you find Boston mock? Easy or hard? Similar to CFAI mock/samples? SImilar to Schweser? Thanks :wink:

I had a family crisis-uncle had a open heart surgery- and only relative not present to take care of him is ME because of this F…test and GOD knows if I fail… There is no way I can make this up. The whole family is getting angry at me !!! What am I to do ???

derswap07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had a family crisis-uncle had a open heart > surgery- and only relative not present to take > care of him is ME because of this F…test and > GOD knows if I fail… > > There is no way I can make this up. The whole > family is getting angry at me !!! > What am I to do ??? Familiy well being is more important then exam, you should support your uncle IMHO

There is a HUGE difference between missing parties and death-in-the-family scenarios. Only you can decide how to handle that. Just remember that LIII will be given in 2009.

Sorry about your uncle, but what do you really need to do to take care of him? Would $1000 worth of take-out food and flowers do it? How about helping him with all the paperwork, taxes, insurance etc after the exam? Be there to be with him if need be, but taking care of him is someone else’s job.

Well, thanks for all your support. I needed that. He is out of the woods now and understands that I need to study now. But other family members do not.