I have a bad feeling

This year CFAI online sample exams are asking a very different type of questions that Schw. Book 6, 7 or Qbank. This is the first year I read CFAI material and I still see questions that I have no idea where they were coming from. Not feeling too good right now.

wtf :-/ So i shouldnt even bother doing schweser?

Oh F me mo34 thanks for the heads up…i just finished the 2005 exam.

CFAI 2005-2007 exams, they dont have MC questions do they?

nope

Wait the 2005-2007 exams were all essay exams or you mean MC questions are not available? What exams were all essay it seems 2000 and before I thought.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh F me mo34 thanks for the heads up…i just > finished the 2005 exam. bigwilly, i’m working on the 2005 exam right now. WTF? I thought it was incredibly hard. Some questions I had no clue what they were talking about (i.e. active return of foreign bonds, monetary equation, the Yeo return calculation, etc. etc. etc) Is this the exam that got noteriety on the difficulty?

active return on foreign bond is foreing bond return - rfr, in foreign currency

The monetary one I guessed and got right :). Yeo’s return calc was pretty F’d up I did get close though, but not exact as I didnt deduct the 1st year college and living expenses from the capital base. I did pickup on the interest calc though :). Also, there was some other item sets that I had no clue on it was later in the test towards the end…

hey guys with the past essay questions from 2005 to 2007 : the syllabus has changed a lot … dont beat yourself up on subjects that are no longer covered or changed.

I know it has been when the CFAI text covers 3000pages or so you are wondering if you have missed somethng critical…

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The monetary one I guessed and got right :). > Yeo’s return calc was pretty F’d up I did get > close though, but not exact as I didnt deduct the > 1st year college and living expenses from the > capital base. I did pickup on the interest calc > though :). Also, there was some other item sets > that I had no clue on it was later in the test > towards the end… biggy, I spent all night tonight trying for the life of me trying to figure out the college and donation adjustment. What was really F#$%^&'ing me up was why they were adding it to the expenses (i.e. numerator) and then deducting it from the asset base (denominator). It seemed like it was double counting to me. Finally figured it out just before I about to grab the bottle. The asset base is deducted for the 1ST YEAR (pre retirement) and the cash flow was added for the 2ND YEAR. In other words, those items were completely different items if you catch my drift. BTW, was the monetary question suppose to be Taylor Rule? not liking the GIPS stuff either

Taylor Rule??? I dont remember… Also the D/P - Change S + G + I + change P/E is that the GK model? If so that was on there as well… I got it half right but didnt know that the Dividend Yield - Change in Shares Oustanding was the Income Return, then the G + I was the Nominal Earnings Growth portion, and final the Cange P/E was the Repricing portion.

For those of us who are woefully behind and will not take the tests for another week or so, it would be very thoughtful of you not to discuss specific questions from the CFAI sample, free or paid, tests here. Thanks for your cooperation!

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Taylor Rule??? I dont remember… > > Also the D/P - Change S + G + I + change P/E is > that the GK model? Yup, GK is right. Although I only knew it was Yield + Growth, not all the fancy terminology to it, i.e. Nominal Growth

Who says I’m going to cooperate :slight_smile: I will make a compromise…I WILL talk about the questions if I would like to BUT I will but them in their own Threads so that you know NOT to read them :slight_smile:

you know. it took a few test CFAI 2007, Vol1 test 2…I am clearly blanking out on stuff that I recently revised, some I haven’t…but I am blanking out…I am dissapointed and I think I need to revise all this stuff again…also I did not do well on time Schweser test 2 PM…