Good news

For all Schweser users, I just completed the first PM session of Book 7 and I have to say that this is the best Book 7 I’ve seen. The questions are well written and resemble in style the CFAI online questions. The vignette on MBS for example, tested the same concepts tested on the CFAI Sample Version 2 and in a similar style.

Damn, and I thought you just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico.

good news indeed! Were you doing this section at lunch or something :)?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > good news indeed! Were you doing this section at > lunch or something :)? I just close my office when I come in and do it :slight_smile: it’s only 12:00 p.m LA time now.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For all Schweser users, I just completed the first > PM session of Book 7 and I have to say that this > is the best Book 7 I’ve seen. The questions are > well written and resemble in style the CFAI online > questions. The vignette on MBS for example, tested > the same concepts tested on the CFAI Sample > Version 2 and in a similar style. What do you mean by Book7 volume 1 or volume 2?

is book 7 infinitely harder than book 6 (and therefore infinitely harder than the actual exam) like it has been the past couple of years?

should we just skip book 6 and go straight to book 7 ?

i’d say both…

skip both ??

i’d say do both… i have done the exams 1-3 in book 6, found them useful overall…normal level of difficulty for multiple choice… everything was relevant and realistic… just not sure how much i like schweser essay answer key… i think CFAI is better but good practice none the less… i wasn’t going to do book 7 until you just said it was worthwhile…now i might reconsider… i haven’t done cfai old essay exams or the sample, mock CFAI exams… ii will hit those next…

CFAI old exams are excellent i so far did 2005 and 2006 and started 2007. I dont know about < 2005. Anyone?

stupid question (probably): do we know if the past cfa exams available exclude questions on material not required in the 08 exam or has the material not changed enough to worry about that?

they dont

sample1,2,3, and mock CFAI exams… anyone do them yet? how would you rank them in difficulty? I want to do the most difficult first and kill my confidence…

ahb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > For all Schweser users, I just completed the > first > > PM session of Book 7 and I have to say that > this > > is the best Book 7 I’ve seen. The questions are > > well written and resemble in style the CFAI > online > > questions. The vignette on MBS for example, > tested > > the same concepts tested on the CFAI Sample > > Version 2 and in a similar style. > I meant Volume 2. > > What do you mean by Book7 volume 1 or volume 2?

good to hear mo as I have started on volume 2, I thought volume one was excellent too. I think schweser has done a good job this year, where the exams are not too crazy long like at L2. And the solutions they provide for the AM exams are in line with CFAI. I have done all of CFAI 2007, 2006 and 2005, and working on 2004 … the problem that is really beginning to show is the differences in the syllabus.

how long does it take you guys to grade the Schweser AM exams ?? …it seems like its gonna be a pain grading them …

I don’t grade the AM exams, what’s the point? I just read the answers after I’m done with the test and take notes of any points I didn’t know or forgot about.

yea thats what i was plannin of doin as well …i dont see the point of actualy wasting time grading them

want to chose bewteen Schweser book 7 and CFA mock exam, which one is better try?