[Sample exam 3] CFA designation

Can CFA come with ®?

Yes, but then I believe you need to include the disclosure that CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are copyrighted by the CFA Institute or something like that.

don’t think so, only for GIPS right?

think depends on how it’s used, as designation - not required. as a brand - yes.

So can I say I am a CFA® candidate?

i would choose: no

i said no. i still dont know the answer

can tell, sticky is gonna nail those wired questions on the exam… started fine tuning now!!! :slight_smile:

the reason why I am asking is that IT WAS IN SAMPLE EXAM 3. Yes, it was not really tested because the guy simply hasn’t enrolled for the exam. But what if he HAS enrolled for the exam? Can he write CFA® candidate in his resume?

I think you can write it. on the CFA website they have the ® after the CFA and Chartered Financial Analyst so that tells me that although we don’t have to include it in our written materials, if we choose to include the ® it would not be wrong.

strikershank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you can write it. on the CFA website they > have the ® after the CFA and Chartered Financial > Analyst so that tells me that although we don’t > have to include it in our written materials, if we > choose to include the ® it would not be wrong. This is what I think as well. I checked the Standards of Practice Handbook section on VII(B) (table in p.138, 139) but this is not mentioned. But according to this sample exam 3, I guess CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst ® are ok.