Work Experience: accounting

What are the chances of investment accounting getting approved? We basically get paid by insurance companies to provide portfolio accounting, which includes relationship management.

According to the new experience requirements which became effective on 2006, I don’t believe investing accounting experience can be approved. Basically there is no decision making in this activity.

won’t count.

Should count based on the guidelines posted on the CFA institute.

Qualifying activities include being: Directly involved in the investment decision making process or Engaged in responsibilities and/or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process Qualifying activities, such as: Evaluating and applying financial, economic, or statistical data involving securities or other investments, or producing work that adds value to the process Many of our members hold these job titles: Accountant

Investment Accounting is specifically mentioned as a qualifying position.

what about credit analyst at IBM for example? and more generic, since CFAI has a 3 months response to accept my work exp, how would i know if the job i apply to now will be ok for them?

Only HP analysts are acceptable.