I need some football !

I am having anxiety/nervousness/frustration attacks every few days as I wait for August 19 th…wish there was some regular season college/NFL football on TV so I could focus my mind on something other than CFA ! :frowning:

Same here. After taking LI in Dec. I at least had bowl games and NFL playoffs. Baseball just isn’t that good of a distractor.

Couldn’t agree with you more. NFL Network will begin airing preseason games in August. It should help those final weeks go by a bit more quickly.

To pass some time lately I’ve been reading and pulling together some data for the upcoming Fantasy Football season. As reigning champ my draft position sucks so a repeat will be tough. So…if you had to choose a keeper QB between Andersen (Cleveland) and Cutler (Broncos) who would you keep. I have guys lining up to trade for which ever one I’m going to throw back into the pot.

Dude I feel you! I do not like Pro-football. I can’t wait for college football to start. I will have a good team this year. I am a member of the Illini nation. But I love Colts and hate Patriot. I leave in indianapolis and seven of those players go to my church. do you want to hang out with some celebrity? come on here. But If you want to make big bucks, stay in NY or at least Chicago. That is why I am leaving Indy.

Big Babbu- Andersen has much better weapons than Cutler does. Tibwa- My wife is also a member of Illini nation; I, on the other hand, spent my college days in Bloomington…

This time of year is the worst. Practices/camps are still a few weeks off and little news is being reported. But it will all change soon. Only 47 more days until the start of Kentucky Wildcat Championship football!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Go Trojans!!!

Go Dawgs!!!

Big Babbu, For a keeper league, I may go with Cutler. Cleveland isn’t going to keep Brady Quinn on the bench for ever. They could possibly trade Anderson at some point or when Anderson leaves, he may sign with a worse offensive team than the Broncos. Don’t let Anderson’s amazing season last year cloud your judgment.

Thanks Jason…that’s exactly my thinking. It’s so tempting to keep Anderson because they look to still have a pretty potent offense, but defensive coordinators have now had an off season to figure this guy out, plus as you mentioned the Brady Quinn factor. Cutler had a real good year last year considering he lost 30 pounds during the season because they couldn’t diagnose him with diabetes…what’s up with that??? I’m just not overly thrilled with who he as to throw the ball to, especially if Brandon Marshall is going to miss any time. But long term it’s probably better to keep Cutler. I’ve had Favre for the last 5 years so each year when it’s come time to look at my QB situation, it’s just an afterthought. Even if he comes back this year I think it’s finally time for me to move on.

We Tarheels just endure football season waiting for b-ball…

Babbu, I know what you mean about moving on with Favre. I have been a Favre fan since I was young (I am only 22). He was the reason why the Packers are my favorite team. I am torn between the two right now, but I think it is time for me to move on from Favre as well. Cutler may have a good WR core this year. They got Darrel jackson and Keary Colbert in the offseason. plus they have stockley and daniel graham as a TE. It may be better than expected. Plus Selvin Young is a good receiving threat out of the backfield. I think you may have a gem with Cutler. Besides, they always compare him to Favre.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We Tarheels just endure football season waiting > for b-ball… I did not know you are a tarheel. I did a summer at UNC-CH and had a great time. My brother is still down there, great area.

Joey, I just spent the 4th on figure 8 island in NC. Dean Smith was hanging out on the beach. My friend mentioned how everyone in NC hates Duke. They think Duke is a bunch of transplants from New Jersey and don’t give a rats ass about NC. My friend said the team doesn’t care too much for Roy. Yet, he is better than Dougherty.

That was closed enought for you to secure that Illini woman. You must me happy now.