is this a violation?

so i told my manager i passed level III and he sent out a email saying i am now a cfa (which is wrong on many levels). now i am getting many responses from those congratulating me on my charter. i don’t even have my work experience accepted yet (which shouldn’t be a problem). someone better not report this violation :slight_smile:

Hahahahahahaha classic. Your manager rocks.

You should report your boss to regulatory authorties and dissociate from the situation.

You better quit and start looking for other jobs.

BigBadBadri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You better quit and start looking for other jobs. thanks :slight_smile:

My manager did the same just, but he didnt know. It is not a violation. Just a sincere mistake. Relax. It would be a violation if you would market yourself to clients like that

i was mostly joking about it being a voilation

OK, but if you see a violataion, aren’t you supposed to start a process to investigate? :wink:

start building some firewalls

Sorry to jack the thread…but is it a violation if I order new business card with CFA behind my name, however, I will only use them once I receive confirmation letter from CFAI?? Thanks.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry to jack the thread…but is it a violation > if I order new business card with CFA behind my > name, however, I will only use them once I receive > confirmation letter from CFAI?? > > Thanks. I would say no. Until you actually give the card to someone, you’re not really misrepresenting yourself.

Whenever I see a violation I stop drop and roll

jedhenley Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sorry to jack the thread…but is it a > violation > > if I order new business card with CFA behind my > > name, however, I will only use them once I > receive > > confirmation letter from CFAI?? > > > > Thanks. > > > I would say no. Until you actually give the card > to someone, you’re not really misrepresenting > yourself. Thanks

my boss did the same thing after I had only just passed level I Kind of embarrassing, I dont think he really knows what it is - which is comforting

Hahahaha, my mom did that after I passed level 1. I had to put her in her place. But yeah, your situation sounds like a Level 1 ethics question.

Same thing happened to me. My manager also mentioned in his mail batterinram CFA. The worse part is I am not even sure my work ex is going to be accepted.

How you could not realize that Oskigo was being sarcastic? Lucky for comp sci that there is not a common sense portion of the CFA.

LordJeffrey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How you could not realize that Oskigo was being > sarcastic? Lucky for comp sci that there is not a > common sense portion of the CFA. yes, yes, how could i not recongize it as a joke? Shame on me, i probably have no life. Yes, no common sense too!

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so i told my manager i passed level III and he > sent out a email saying i am now a cfa (which is > wrong on many levels). now i am getting many > responses from those congratulating me on my > charter. i don’t even have my work experience > accepted yet (which shouldn’t be a problem). > someone better not report this violation :slight_smile: It would only be a violation if he makes you shave your head and get a CFA tattoo intertwined with the company name.

this thread rocks! Beats all the other how do I pass, 40/60/80 crap. Good for a laugh. Good job Oskigo, CFA!!!