Noob needs advice

Hello all, I am a college senior who is studying to take the CFA level 1 exam in June (about the same time as my finals). My impressions so far: *As an econ major, the math and econ parts are very easy but… *I have had little exposure to other topics *Lots of info to remember. I’m trying to go for it without test prep (but I will take a few mock exams) since I don’t want to pass the exam without having truly mastering the material. The problem is that I’m a noob with very little real work experience. My experience consists of doing research for the Chicago GSB, free lance writing for a VC firm, and a useless stint with IBM Global Services (biz consulting) that didn’t teach me anything. My career goal after college is to become an investment analyst specializing in focused, fundamental analysis. How did you guys break into the investment industry? Any advice for me? Thanks!

Prepare for the onsalught yound grasshopper

Dude, LI forum for LI questions. Those peeps are just as qualified to answer each of your inquiries and a little closer to the current LI material itself than we are.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, LI forum for LI questions. Those peeps are > just as qualified to answer each of your inquiries > and a little closer to the current LI material > itself than we are. I m a level 2 retaker n even i know better than to start a Lev 3 post with results so fresh… UChicagoMan consider urself lucky somebody didnt lite u up. that being said check out either lev 1 or lev 2 This is like scheduling a meeting with GOD just to ask how much u should file on your taxes.

Thanks Pimpin for 1) you lurking on the LIII forum as a LII candidate, pretty funny… how much time do you spend on AF? and 2) the metaphor comparing LIII candidates to God himself …quite a few Gods these days

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks Pimpin for > > 1) you lurking on the LIII forum as a LII > candidate, pretty funny… how much time do you > spend on AF? > > and 2) the metaphor comparing LIII candidates to > God himself …quite a few Gods these days MLA 1 I tend to check into AF quite a bit these days Both for therapy n a few laffs obviously disappointed with lev 2 fail but imma keep it moving 2 Yes there are quite a few Gods these days …makes one wonder what the GOD job market must look like?

dude, go to L1 for L1 questions…

Or general discussion forum for job related questions. You can have the thread moved there and you should receive a lot of good responses. And no, I’m not gonna take the bait and jump on this kid. Too much of that on AF already, in my opinion

doesn’t pay to be a God these days…

WTF is “free lance writing for a VC”? (yes I know what a VC is)

VC = Viet Cong?

it’s not: vc = voluptuous chinese??

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF is “free lance writing for a VC”? (yes I know > what a VC is) WTF is WTF?